Prologue 1 - 5

Prologue 1 - 5: Simple Theory

Night Raven College | Library

The trio were surrounded by enormous wall-like bookshelves lined up starting from the most modern to the ancient books on the back—each was arranged in alphabetical order. They were currently stationed on one of the many tables on the center of the library, various books, and maps—ranging from hardbound and softbound ones—were scattered all over the table, some were even above them, floating, due to how occupied their table was.

Since the shocking announcement in the Mirror Chamber, Crowley has gathered books and maps within the library that seems to have some correlation to their situation. It has been an hour since they started the search, yet they have not found a solution nor a clue on what was happening. Thus, their current predicament, exhausted and drained from all the reading.

"There really isn't anything." Crowley sighs in exhaustion, leaning back into his seat.

"My head hurts from scanning all of these." Yuu rumbles, closing the book he has been flipping for the past few minute and placing on top the cartographies scattered in front of him.

'We have been reading here for quite some time now.' Leveret shuts her glowing blue eyes, finally taking a break from using all the searching she has been doing. 'We haven't found a single clue about our respective worlds—not even novels mention anything.' She closes the book on her hand, placing it besides the others that she has finished reading which already took the form of a mountain, some floating above them and the males since they ran out of space to use; the males in front of her, who were once surprised with her ability, sat dejected.

"Not only the world map, but the names of both your homes are not written in any history." Crowley straightens up, turning to face them. "Are you truly from where you say? You aren't lying to me by any chance, are you?" He raises a brow towards them with arms crossed.

"And we've been telling you, we aren't." Yuu closes the book he has been reading to look straight into Crowley's eyes. "I came from the city called Tokyo in Japan, which is called the Land of the Rising Sun. But it apparently does not exist in your world." Yuu says, placing a hand on his chin, a frown on his face as if something was bothering him.

"Can I ask you something, Headmaster Crowley?" Yuu looks up to stare at him.

"If it's relevant to our current predicament, then please go ahead." He waves a hand.

Standing up from his seat, he takes a large book from in front of him and places it on the center of the table. "From what I understood, the Mirror of Darkness—or Dark Mirror—is the one responsible for choosing the students who can attend this academy, causing a 'gate' to manifest." He says, taking a small book from the pile and laying it down in front of the first book. "With that acting as the door to the academy, an Ebony Carriage will then go and welcome the students and teleport them to the academy, am I correct?"

"Yes, that is correct." He rubs his chin with eyes close. "But the Mirror of Darkness is only capable of choosing students from this world and does not have enough magic to summon people from another—much less two people from different worlds!"

"What you're saying is true," Yuu takes another book and placing it beside the standing one. "Then what if someone—a subordinate—were to help it summon." He stares at Crowley.

"That is just ridiculous!" He says, hands up in front of him as an emphasis on how hilarious the mere idea was. "Even if that were the case, the only people who are capable on ordering the Mirror of Darkness are the President—who is currently away—along with the Dean in-charge of the institution, which is me." He points to himself, an air of pride surrounding him. "In addition to that, neither of us would even have enough magic to summon Ms. Netscher simply because she has an incredibly high amount of magic."