Prologue 1 - 7

PROLOGUE 1 - 7 | The Ramshackle Chaos

Night Raven College, Hallway

"You know," Yuu begins, blue eyes swirling with a hint of pity and amusement as he stares down at the teen walking beside him carrying a paper bag which contains her uniform. "I'm beginning to think that going with the Headmaster to the general store was better rather than staying behind." He chuckles, watching as she gives him a light scowl. "Just what happened back there?"

Though that may sound quite insensitive of Yuu, which people would obviously interpret in the wrong way, he was actually trying to cheer her up by teasing her since he was worried for her welfare—coupled with the fact that he is a sixteen-year-old teen who has zero experience with women, especially those who are about the same age as him.

Like any sane males out there, he does find her quite an adorable female—mainly because of the height difference between them and her animal features. But that isn't the reason why he was captivated with her, rather, it was her quick-wittedness and the intelligence she showed back in the library.

An ability that lets the user process new information at a rapid pace along with being able to give detailed input about it, is surely enough to impress someone without magic! Yuu thought to himself, thinking back to how many stacks of books she had read during their investigation—that was the time he considered her as someone who should be respected and the moment he viewed her as a friend, thus the reason for his guilt.

Not that I think she couldn't protect herself since she's a girl, Yuu says to himself as a shiver went down his spine. She has the strength of a damn gorilla when it comes to that! He mentally screams as he thinks back to the punch he got from her back in the library. He could absolutely tell that she was holding back with that punch, probably afraid that she may inflict a serious injury to him.

But it doesn't change the fact that we left her alone with a complete stranger—a male to make it worse. He nods to himself, completely omitting the fact that the said male is a professor teaching in the academy because of how excited he looked when he laid his eyes upon Leveret. Maybe that's why he got his hopes up when she opened her mouth, thinking that she was going to open up to him, only to be disappointed when she let out a bigger sigh instead.

"Let's not talk about that." She lifts her head to eye the buckets resting on each of his hands—both filled with various simple-looking cleaning supplies. "I'd rather like to hear the story behind those cleaning supplies you're carrying."

"To be honest," Yuu begins with a sigh, "I have no idea." Yuu replies as he eyes Crowley who was ahead of them, a couple of paper bags floating behind him following him like it were his shadows. "All I know is that he 'apparently' pre-ordered these and forgot about it." He says, adjusting his grip on the buckets. "He probably bought it for the school cleaners or something, but whatever the real reason is," he bores into Crowley's back with suspicion, "I have a terribly bad feeling about these."

"I honestly can't blame you for thinking and feeling that way." Leveret giggles at what he just told her. "He does have an eccentric personality coupled with the fact that he has a way with words and is quite self-absorbed." She whispers to him, afraid that he may hear her as she emphasizes the last part to him—a hint to Crowley's 'generosity.'

"That's why," he whispers, "I'm not convinced that he got these for the school's cleaners." He raises the buckets in his hands to emphasize his point. "This is a world that uses magic! They could simply "bibidi-babidi-boo" it away. What are they going to do with cleaning supplies?!"