Prologue 1 - 4

Prologue 1 - 4: Harsh Reality

Night Raven College | Mirror Chamber

"Come again?" Crowley asks, appearing besides Leveret with narrow eyes, disbelief written on his face. The students, on the other hand, erupts into a sea of whispers and gossips—worsening the anxiety she was already feeling since she stepped up in the center.

"Though I sense immense magic from this child..."

"The col'r, the shapeth... it changes the instant I grasp it."

"Argal, this child is not suited for any dormitory."

That was all the mirror could conclude before vanishing—its purpose finish for the time being. This revelation not only left Crowley in a state of disbelief but everyone in the room; the gossips increasing in volume in both excitement and bewilderment.

"The Mirror of Darkness couldn't identify his soul—!"

"Eh~? Another one?"

"Is he an undead!!?"

"Another one?" She repeats, tilting her head a little to the left as her ears twitches underneath the robe. Closing her eyes, she focuses her attention on the students to gather more information about that 'other person' they were talking about, only to have a sigh leave her mouth as she hears nothing but their theories.

Well, I wouldn't be surprise by what they're saying. She glances at the mirror before looking down on her hands. 'I mean, even I thought I was dead.' She sighs once more.

"Unbelievable! An Ebony Carriage would absolutely never go meet someone who can't use magic, much less someone the Mirror of Darkness can't assign!" Crowley says, shock evident on his voice. "Not in my years as Headmaster—a hundred years of Night Raven College history!—has not once been a mistake in student selection!" He places a hand on his chin, thinking of a reason.

Yet despite the noise in the chamber and Crowley's rumbling, Leveret's attention was back to the vision she had when she was in front of the magic mirror. But what was that just now? She asks herself, not noticing the ebony-haired male approaching her from behind—too focused on her thoughts.

"Judging from your expression, you were also dragged into this mess." He said, his voice deep yet soothing voice catching her off guard, causing her to turn around in surprise and yelping in the process when she saw it was a guy.

"So, were you?" He asks once more, a hand over his mouth as an attempt to hide the smile on his face.

"Ugh... yes!" She stammers, pulling the hood down in embarrassment.

"You know," he begins, placing a hand over the one that was gripping her robe and pulling it back, revealing her two-sided bangs that were glowing bright red. "Ever since I accidentally opened your coffin, I've noticed that your highlights changes colors depending on what you're currently feeling." He says, releasing the piece of cloth when he sees the surprise look on her face.

"H-how'd you—?!"

"I have a habit of observing those who are around me." He cuts her off, sheepishly smiling before looking away for a few moments, silence occurring between the two. "Also," he places a hand on the back of his neck, "I came to apologize for opening the coffin you were in and causing you to fall on your face, Netscher-san." He mutters, rubs the back of his neck.

"Ahaha, no it's fine." She waves a hand towards him, brow twitching as she does so. Ah! Just reminding me about it makes me embarrassed! To add that, I fell in front of so many people, not that they noticed—but still! She mentally cries then stares at the male before her.