Chapter Five

The night was going splendid. Opal danced with a fair share of young suitors and also got some information on citizens and other things about the East Kingdom which is officially named Dreamville. Opal was taking a break from dancing with suitors as she was having a pleasant conversation with Ranboo and Princess Niki from the Cozy Kingdom of the West.

"How many suitors have you danced with?"Niki asked Opal, "Maybe half of the suitors, its exhausting~ They were all boring and bland...Ranboo and prince George were probably the most memorable dances I've had"Opal said as the other two laughed.

"How about you? I saw you dancing with my brother?"Opal asked Niki as the blonde girl smiled, "My mama wanted me to. Techno is quite closed off and Tommy is too young for me, Wilbur was the best option for me if I am quite honest"Niki said as Opal nods slightly.

"Ranboo? Any maidens?"Niki asked as Ranboo tensed up, "I-I really haven't danced with many, D-Dancing with Opal was the best though"Ranboo says as Opal smiles brightly, "Maybe you can be my last dance of the night..."Opal said as Ranboo beamed with joy, "Unfortunately dear sister... Prince Ranboo won't be your last dance"Techno said approaching the trio.

Opal whined, "Why not?"Opal asked as Techno looked behind him and sighed. "I have found one more suitor who wants to have a dance with you"Techno said as he stepped aside, Ranboo tensed up as Prince Dream stood there smiling.

Prince Dream's face wasn't behind a mask this time. He was much more handsome without the mask, his emerald green eyes were bright, his dirty blonde hair pushed back carefully with a couple of pieces out of place. Then his freckles, his freckles were prominent and they fit him so well.

"Prince Dream....It's so lovely to see you again"Opal said a bit after staring at Prince Dream in astonishment. "I most certainly agree. I hope you do not mind me taking your last dance? I do not want to impose on your decision to dance with Prince Ranboo"Dream said.

Opal looked at Ranboo who looked away before looking at Opal, he drew a weak smile. "Go on ahead, I can be you last dance next time"Ranboo said as Opal nods a bit before looking at Prince Dream.

"I would love if you were my last dance"Opal said as Dream smiled holding out his hand, Opal carefully took it and followed the blonde prince to the dance floor. Niki watched smiling, as Ranboo was visibly upset but played it off for his best friend.

Techno however did not like this combo, if anything he despised it and wanted nothing more but to kill Dream for the stunt he pulled mere minutes ago.

"Look at you~ Finding eligible suitors for your only sister"Dream spoke walking up to Techno, it was 2 hours into the party. Dream was off in the darkest corner watching, observing, calculating when Opal's last dance was.

Techno looked at Dream and wasn't too surprised that he was showing his face, "Without a mask for the first time...How daring"Techno said as Dream chuckled, "I suppose but if I am to court your sister, she must see my face at least once"Dream said making Techno tense up.

"You cannot joke about courting my sister, that is disgraceful and--" "Whats more disgraceful is spreading rumors of going into the dark forest with your sister, alone... and both of us returning together"Dream said making Techno glare at him.

It is said that if a unmarried couple were to step foot into the dark forest together and leave together, it is considered scandalous and foul unless planning to be courted soon.

"You wouldn't..."Techno says as Dream smirked looking forward, "If you do not get me that last dance with your sister, then I could not help it to start some chaos"Dream said, the evil smirk and a glint of mischief appearing in his innocent emerald green eyes.

Opal stared at the green eyed man almost enticed by his looks. "Already falling for me aren't we Princess Alexandria?"Dream asked as he pulls her close, one hand holding her hand and the other firmly on Opal's waist.

Opal looked at Dream, "I--Well no, I am more...surprised since you've never shown me your face"Opal said softly as Dream chuckles as the music began and Dream began dancing with Opal.

"Well if I am trying to be a suitor for you princess, I can't really have too many secrets"Dream said twirling Opal. The young girl giggles as she danced with Dream, Although Opal had no real connection with Dream, for some reason she was really enjoying this dance with him.

Through the eyes of everyone else surrounding the dance floor, you can intel that the way Dream and Opal danced they had a connection no one could ever match up to. The way they danced as passionate and filled with emotion seemed to entice everyone around them.

Philza standing tall seemed to have noticed this connection, his smile was wary like he wasn't very approving of this duo. However, even if he denied it he knew he couldn't pull a suitor away from his daughter if she truly had feelings for him.

Soon the dance came to an end and all the people on the floor seemed to go into the the crowd of people. However, Dream and Opal stood there staring deeply into each other's eyes. Opal's mind could not comprehend her thoughts as she seemed totally submissive to the young prince.

"I hope to see you very soon princess"Dream said as Opal nods slowly, "O-Of course...you will see me soon"Opal said as her elder brother, Wilbur approached them to take Opal back. Opal looked at Wilbur and linked arms with him as the two began to walk to their families.

Opal turned back slightly to see Dream staring at her with a smile before walking over to Prince George. Opal blushes and looks forward, in her own thoughts wondering how the story will play out.