Chapter Twenty

Opal was sewing some clothes for Tubbo and Tommy, it has been a month since they had moved into Wilbur's home. The new members of the house have been making themselves busy doing multiple chores and housework. Opal, however, has been going in and out of Dreamville looking for clothes and materials to make clothes. 

The young boys were eating lunch together while Wilbur finished putting his son down for a nap. Suddenly there was a knock on the door, "I will get it"Opal said as she set her sewing stuff down and walked up to the door. She opened it happily to reveal Ranboo with a small bouquet of flowers in his hand. "Ranboo!"Opal said happily hugging the tall slender boy.

"Hello Opal, I am so glad to see you"Ranboo said as he hugged the girl before slowly letting go of her. "I know it has been far too long since we have seen each other"Opal said as she let the boy inside. "Ah! Ranboo you finally come to visit"Wilbur said walking out of the hallway. 

"Yeah, I am sorry I haven't been able to sooner. I have just so much to do back home"Ranboo said with a small smile making Wilbur simply nod. "That is understandable, I am sure it is a lot of work"Wilbur said, Ranboo nodded slightly before remembering the flowers. "OH! These are for you, I know it isn't much but it's something small"Ranboo said holding the flowers out to Opal.

The young girl takes it happily, "Thank you Ranboo, they are lovely"Opal said smelling them and admiring them. Wilbur nudged the taller boy with a smile. Wilbur always liked Ranboo and thought he was a good match for his sister, so when the idea of Prince Dream and Opal getting married was crushed Wilbur sent letters to Ranboo encouraging him to step up to the job. 

"Did you pick them from your home?"Opal asked looking up at Ranboo, "Y-yeah, I had gone with the maids to pick them out specifically for you"Ranboo said nervously. Wilbur smiles looking at the two, "You know maybe you two should have some alone time, you two haven't spoken in a while so maybe it is best!"Wilbur suggested.

"Oh, that is so nice of you Wilbur but what about the boys? They can sure be a handful"Opal said a bit worried of the house being left with just Wilbur. "Pft! Don't worry dear sister, the house will still be in tact once you return, I promise. Go enjoy yourselves"Wilbur said as Opal smiles. She hands the flowers to her older brother, "Thank you Wilbur"Opal said as she followed Ranboo out of the cottage and into the field. 

The young duo walked along the field admiring the view, "So how is your relationship with Prince Dream going?"Ranboo asked causing the young girl to groan. "Do not speak of him anymore, I have no intention of marrying him. He is a liar and a horrible man"Opal said, Ranboo smiled a little hearing Opal's words. He never really liked Dream, so the fact that Opal wasn't interested in him anymore was good for him.

"Completely understood"Ranboo said as the two continued to walk and chat about other things like the move, the season coming to an end and other sorts of things, truly just catching up with each other. "It is quite crazy how fast the weeks have gone by, it has already been a month living here"Opal said making Ranboo nod.

"I do miss spending time with you, back in the castle you would come over quite often. Now it is hard, you are doing your prince duties while I am here tending to my family. I miss when we could just spend time together freely"Opal said as she looked down. Ranboo frowns seeing Opal upset, he stops and takes her hand carefully.

Opal looks up at Ranboo and tilts her head slightly confused, "I do not know if your brother has said anything yet but....My duties are going to be on halt for a little while"Ranboo said making the girl confused. "What do you mean?"Opal asked carefully, Ranboo smiled gently. "Your brother has asked me to join your nation, he plans to build me a home next to yours. I will be accompanying you, being like you knight"Ranboo admitted to her.

Opal confused turned into excitement, "Really?"She asked with a smile on her face. The tall boy nodded as the girl jumps in excitement, "That is fantastic news! I cannot wait!"Opal said happily. Ranboo smiled and nods letting his friend be excited, but deep down he remembered what Wilbur had said to him

"Ranboo, please. In case anything happens to me, I want you to be with my sister, my brothers, my son. I need you to be their for them, if I cannot. They are the most important things to me, and I truly do fear if I bring this nation to the surface it may not end well for either side. Promise me, you will be their for my sister."

Those words repeated in Ranboo's head, while his best friend went on and on about her plans for when Ranboo fully moved into this nation that hasn't truly revealed its true intentions on the world.