Chapter Sixteen

At the dinner table the Watson family was eating breakfast together. It's been a couple months since the last ball, and Opal's last encounter with her brother. It was genuinely hard for the family, Opal has been in her own world trying to balance life and royalty together.

Opal has been working hard to become queen and although it was hard, she was prepared. On top of that though the season was going to end very soon, and only a couple of maidens have been proposed to. Princess Opal was not one of those maidens and it made her father worried because she was rumored to be the diamond of the season but also he was worried for her mental being.

Phil has been thinking a lot about Opal and how she wanted some sort of freedom before becoming queen. Phil wanted to grant her that wish, but he wanted to make sure his daughter was protected and did so safely.

"King Philza you have a letter from your son"Fathers butler said walking in holding a single letter from Wilbur on a platter. Phil took the letter thanking his butler, "Why is Wilbur writing us letters? He knows he can come"Tommy said with food in his mouth. "Don't eat with you mouth full Tommy"Tubbo said also mouth full of food, "You two need better manners"Techno said making Opal roll her eyes.

"Quiet down children"Phil said making all the kids look at him, Phil opened the letter and pulled it out.

"Dearest family, I apologize for the sudden letter but this must be addressed through letter and not talking as I am being watched by the kingdom of Dreamville"Phil read first peeking the interest of the eldest and the daughter. "A couple months ago I was at the ball Prince Dream held, I had ran into Prince Dream with Opal and he told some lies that made Opal hate me"He continued making Opal furrow her eyes.

"What Prince Dream said is a lie, and I am going to tell you the truth of my leave of the castle" Phil read as he sat their quietly. "It was truly my fault, I accidentally got Sally pregnant, but I knew that if I brought her home it would bring shame to our family name and when I was next in line, I didn't want to tarnish our name. So I went to Prince Dream, seeking for a place to stay so Sally and I could raise our child. He offered a river cottage, but at a cost. He told me if I wanted to live their, I would have to be the family member to approve of Opal and Dream's marriage. If I didn't he would threaten my family by leaving us out with no where to go"Phil said making Opal cover her mouth, shocked.

"That night. Prince Dream threatened me once more, If I told you I would pay for it. That being said, I might die soon. I don't know who is watching me, and I am worried for my well being, but I wanted to apologize for my selfishness and apologize to you all for leaving you and Opal, I hope you can forgive my selfishness. All I wanted was to protect what's mine. From Wilbur"Phil said finishing the letter.

The table went silent, only mere seconds Techno got up from the table and walked away. "Prince Dream...I thought he was so sweet"Opal thought as she looked down at the necklace and ripped it off her neck, "What a piece of shit he is"Opal said quietly as she also got up and walked to her room.

Opal got to her room and closed the door behind her before sitting at her table looking at the mirror. "How could I be so blind? He was always off"Opal thought as she looked at the necklace Dream gave her before setting it down, she was so conflicted. One part of her hated Dream, he lied to her and she was confused on Dream's stance. However, a part of her thought she truly loved him, how he looked at her and held her. She could still feel his lips on hers, and how the kiss felt.

"God...This sucks"Opal said, on top of her own feelings she was now more worried about her brother, Wilbur. He said he was being watched and could be harmed if anything, Wilbur had to be feeling the sense it's coming to write the letter to his family. Opal stood up and looked out at the sky, it was dark and gloomy, Every since the night of the ball it has been dark, like a storm was gonna start and Opal felt it coming.

Opal then got an idea as she rushed downstairs to her hideout room. She grabbed her tarot cards and started shuffling them quickly, her energy felt bad and she wondered if her intuition was right. Lots of cards came out, once Opal was done she looked at the cards and sat their shocked.

The tower, death, five of cups, knights and swords, all these cards pointed to something terrible about to happen. Opal stood up as she stared at the cards, "I need to do something"Opal said determined to fight for her family.