Chapter Ten

"What do you mean you're stepping down from the throne?"Philza said at the bottom of the stairs while Wilbur stood tall in front of him, holding two luggage's filled to the brim of clothes and other small things.

Techno watched from the top of the stairs holding Opal back while Tommy and Tubbo watched besides them. It was only mere moments ago, but it happened all so fast.

"You're moving in with Sally? Wilbur we haven't even met her"Techno said following his younger brother down the hallway making sure not to alarm the others of Wilbur's sudden leave. "I love her, that's all that matters. But she cannot live here, she cannot be with me. I need to be with her though"Wilbur said.

"So that gives you all the reason to leave your family behind? What about Opal! She looks up to you much more than she does to me, you're the nicest to her and your so gentle with her. Tommy and I could never be your replacement"Techno said trying to stop Wilbur.

"She has father and Tubbo, She'll survive"Wilbur says as they began walking down the stairs. As they approached the bottom, Techno finally gets in front of Wilbur. "The throne. You're next in line ever since you were 18 and I gave up the title. Your just gonna give that title away to Opal, she doesn't have the slightest clue of how to be queen and you're highly capable of it"Techno says.

"If you do not think our sister is capable of being queen then I would recommend being a better brother and taking the throne position like how you put it on me"Wilbur said to Techno in a rather hostile way.

"Wilbur"A voice rang through the stair room. The two eldest boys looked up to see Philza standing at the top, while Opal, Tommy and Tubbo stood behind him. Techno quickly walked up the stairs as Philza went down, The eldest son being able to catch the only daughter before she could follow their father.

"I do not need to say why I am stepping down"Wilbur said not looking at his fathers eyes. "You will answer to me and you will do so by looking at me as well"Philza demanded making Wilbur hesitantly look up at the man. "Now answer me. Why are you leaving and stepping down from the throne?"Philza asked, Wilbur looked up at Opal who looked sad and scared for what was happening.

Even if she was still 18 years old, Wilbur could see the young 10 year old girl in her. Wilbur quickly looked down, "I...I have failed you father"Wilbur finally admits. "I-I failed our family name"Wilbur says, and only within seconds did Phil realize what Wilbur talked about.

"What have you done..."Philza asked once more, "Sally...I got her pregnant. I need to be there for her or she will die"Wilbur says as Opal watched, her emotions twisted. She was so confused how to feel, but the emotion at large in Opal, was rage.

"HOW COULD YOU!"Opal yelled loudly causing Wilbur to look at her. The young girl fought in the eldest brothers arms, "YOU GOT A GIRL PREGNANT AND ALL YOU THINK ABOUT IS LEAVING US?! YOU HAVE A KINGDOM TO RUN! YOU HAVE DUTIES TO FULFILL"She continued to yell as tears brimmed her eyes.

"You have younger siblings who learn from you! You have a father who is preparing you for the best part of your life!"Opal's voice was loud but got quieter after every word she spoke, "Y-You have a little sister who needs you"Opal said as she stopped moving in Techno's arms, "I-I don't want to be queen yet"She said.

Opal was scared of being queen, she was worried she'd make a mistake or she wasn't fit. However, she was mainly scared because that meant she had to be married and the young girl wanted being married to be the last thing on her list. "If you leave, How will we ever do the things we talked about? Building something from the ground up, bonding with each other through different experiences? I can't do that if i'm queen and you're gone"Opal said sadly.

Wilbur looked at Opal with a sad look on his face, "Opal but this is a child...Something I did by mistake but I need to own up to it. Im not going to be a missing father"Wilbur told them, he looked down. "I'm sorry...I'm putting a lot of stress on your shoulders father, but...I'm doing what's best for my future. To keep me safe, and to keep you all safe as well"Wilbur said looking up at them.

Philza sighed as he looked at Wilbur, in his heart he wants to keep Wilbur, keep him and protect him from all the problems that could occur, but as a king, Phil knew what he had to do. "Fine..."He said making Wilbur look up at him, "Y-you aren't mad?"Wilbur asked making Philza shake his head. "I understand you now have a duty as a father...You must be with her. That is why I am letting you go"Phil said making Wilbur tear up a bit as he nodded.

Philza turned to the rest of his children, "Come say goodbye. We don't know when he will come back"Phil said as Tommy and Tubbo ran down to say their goodbyes to Wilbur, Techno slowly let go of Opal. He noticed she wasn't moving an inch, so he carefully went downstairs to give his goodbyes to his younger brother.

After doing so Wilbur looked up at the top of the stairs, Opal didn't seem like she wanted to move. She just stood their quietly looking down at them, Wilbur sighs slowly going up the stairs before standing infront of Opal. Upon closer look, she was crying. Opal was devastated about the fact that Wilbur was leaving her. 

"Opal...I promise I will come back to visit"Wilbur reassured the young girl, Opal looked at Wilbur before shaking her head. "You're gonna leave me...You'll have you kid and you won't come back to visit us"Opal said as Wilbur shook his head before taking her into an embrace, "Alexandria Opal Watson, I swear by our mother, I will always come back for you"Wilbur said, after he said that Opal immediately fell into Wilbur's arms, holding him tight as she sobbed her heart out.

"Don't let your little shit kid replace me"Opal threatened as Wilbur chuckled and nodded slightly, "I won't..."He said before letting go of Opal and patting her head slightly. Wilbur turned around and slowly walked down the stairs as he sighs softly before looking at Philza as he reached the bottom of the stairs, "I promise I will write every month, and I will do my best to visit"Wilbur said making Phil nod. 

"That is all I am asking for son"Phil said as they hugged one last time before Wilbur set off to the next chapter of his life.