Chapter Twelve

A/N: Canon Dream X Opal height???

Prince Dream and Princess Opal walked along the town, it was night so you would assume it would be quiet but in Dreamville it was bustling with people everywhere. "It's so...alive!"Opal said walking around admiring the town making Dream chuckle a bit. "This town is really made for the people who are up all night" Dream said as Opal watched the people enjoying themselves.

"So...may I ask why the diamond of the season is out at such an ungodly hour?"Dream asked as Opal lets out a dry giggle, "It's been...quite the couple of weeks"Opal says looking down. "I see...may I ask why?"The prince asked tilting his head, "well...my older brother left"Opal said quietly making Dream stop for a moment, not physically but mentally he stopped. "Prince Techno?"Dream asked trying not to show his excitement, Opal shook her head slightly.

"No...Wilbur, he didn't want to be king. He decided to venture off on his own"Opal said, she decided that she could tell Dream most of what was happening, just not the part about Wilbur getting a woman pregnant. Dream cursed mentally, "Damn...I'm sorry"He said quietly making Opal just nod.

Dream then realized something, "Wait wasn't Prince Wilbur next in line to the throne?"Dream asked making Opal nod a bit. "So that means..." "I'm next in line, I will become queen of Elytra"Opal says shrugging, Dream's eyes widened. "That's amazing isn't it? So why are you upset about it?"Dream asked as Opal looked down rubbing her arm gently.

"It's just...it's a lot of work, and it's all so fast since all the work my father put into Wilbur failed"Opal said quietly making Dream nod slightly. "I understand it must be hard especially for you, you're only 18"Dream said as Opal nodded a bit as Dream frowns seeing Opal so down.

He looks around and sees Puffy walking around with flowers in her arms, "Here stay here for a moment"Dream told Opal who only nodded looking around. Dream quickly walked over to Puffy, "Hey Puffy"Dream said making the young sheep woman turn around. "Oh hello Dream, how may I help you?"She asked tilting her head, "Can I have some flowers, the elytra princess is here and I want to make her happy"He said.

No one could really tell if Dream was sincere or sinister, but in the moment he looked kind. "Oh of course, please take how ever many you need"Puffy said as the prince smiles taking a handful before thanking the young woman. He quickly walked up to Opal and stood behind her before showing the flowers in front of her, "please...don't be upset princess"He said making Opal a bit surprised seeing the flowers.

"Oh...Prince Dream you didn't have to"Opal said turning around, looking up at the tell man. "Of course I had to, seeing you sad is...upsetting, future queen cannot look upset in the village of Dreamville"Dream said making the princess smile. "Thank you..."She said as she took the flowers carefully before smelling them, "They're beautiful"She added making Dream nod.

"You should visit more, meet the people, they're quite nice"Dream said as Opal nods smiling. It was clear to people that Prince Dream really did seem to take a loving interest to Opal, he may have a past as mysterious as the forbidden forest but when he loved something he tried to show it. He wanted to protect Opal, he didn't like the idea of her being in pain.

Many outsiders would believe Dream's intentions were malicious. Believing a poor boy trying to make his way up is only seeking the attention of the most known princess in the kingdom for the money, but deep down. Deep, deep down, Dream had a heart. He was obsessed with things that he wanted to be his, and princess Opal was one of them.

"Princess..."Dream said making Opal look up at him, "Yes?"She asked softly. Her eyes lit up from the lights in the village, but before Dream could get any words out the sound of Dream's knights came through the village. Dream looked over as they all stopped in front of Dream, "What's going on?"The blonde asked upset that his moment was ruined.

"The Watson family, they're here seeking for the princess"Knight Sam told Prince Dream. In that moment not only did Opal tense up but the feeling of pressure came back to her, she stopped feeling like a normal girl. Dream looked at Opal and sighs before nodding, "I suppose you must return home"Dream said making Opal shake her head. "Please, just a couple more minutes alone..."Opal asked looking up at Dream with pleading eyes.

Dream melted a bit seeing her eyes, those blue eyes could entice any species. "I-Uhm..."Dream stuttered for a moment making the knights chuckle seeing Dream so stunned, "Uhm...Tell King Philza that I will bring his daughter back in a moment"Dream said quickly before pulling Opal away somewhere.

Dream walked towards the castle, and up to his room. His heart was pounding and all on his mind was Opal, He couldn't help it. He already had people against the idea of marrying into the most rich and known family, but all he wanted was to show his undying love for a woman he merely caught a glimpse of and instantly fell in love.

"Dream what is it?"Opal asked as they got to his room, he let go of Opal's hand and looked around the room. The young princess watched before wandering off onto his balcony, it foresaw the entire kingdom. Every inch was covered with lights and it was beautiful.

"I wanted to give you this the next time we met"Prince Dream said walking over to Opal with something in his hand. Opal looks over and looks at what Dream was holding, a golden heart necklace with a red gem shaped in a heart. "I know many people may dislike the idea of us being together princess, but I do not care what they think. I am...I'm in love with you, and I do not care if you love me back, but I want you to have this"Dream started off as he showed her the necklace.

"Dream..."Opal said softly looking up at the man, "Take this...as a token of my undying love for you. I will always be by your side"Dream said making Opal's heart flutter. Dream noticed how speechless the princess was, "You do not need to say another word, I just...I wanted to tell you"Dream said as he carefully put the necklace on the princess.

Opal was really stunned to speak, she stood their letting the prince put the necklace on her. Once he was done he stood in front of her and held her hands, "You are a diamond...and you must be protected"He said carefully before kissing the young girls forehead.

"Prince Dream I—"She started, "It's fine, let's get you home now"Dream said making the young girl just nod following him down while her thoughts stayed scattered.