We're leaving

"Tyler come here a second!" Abbie shouted from the kitchen, a minute later she was greeted by a groggy teenager. "It's a Sunday..." he groaned. Abbie laughed, "just sit down" she sighed. Tyler jumped onto the stool on the other side of the counter and faced her waiting for an explanation, "moms sick, and she's got a new boyfriend" she summed up. Tyler scoffed, "this again really?" He said in an annoyed tone. Abbie smiled weakly, "I know I know, we've just gotta meet him so mom'll get better okay?" She said pleadingly. Tyler huffed, "fine" he sighed before leaving. He turned around before Abbie could leave, "wait when?" He shouted. Abbie paused at the door, "8pm today" she replied back.

"How'd he take it?" Jay said as they walked into the district together. Abbie sighed, "well he's used to it so he agreed" she smiled at him. Jay nodded understandingly and they made their way into the bullpen. They all greeted each other and they sat down at their desks, they didn't catch a case all day until 5pm and it was just a simple one. "Abuse victim, treated in med with a blunt force trauma to the head. Husbands in the wind by we've got a lead, gear up" hank said. The unit jumped up happily and relieved that they would finally get some action for the day, they headed downstairs and then suited up before driving to the location. They got into position and waited to take down the husband. "Move in" hank said through his radio. Abbie walked over to him, she was in plain clothes and she was going to play him to get him talking to her so the unit could snatch him up. "Excuse me, where's the nearest cafe?" Abbie said dumbly. The husband scoffed and replied, "I don't know look for it yourself" he hissed back at her. Abbie screwed up her face, "take him" hank said into the radio since the plan had failed.

"Chicago PD" Kim shouted as the unit ran over to him with their guns drawn. The man panicked and took Abbie as a hostage, "you take another step and she dies" he said with a gun held to her head. Abbie looked around at the unit with a calm face, she felt nervous about annoying him and getting herself killed but this was nothing she hadn't handled before. "Let her go" hank said patiently. "No, not until you let me go" the man said. Abbie looked at Kevin then at jay with a strategy, she moved her eyes down to his legs and then discreetly nodded to them. She paused for a second before grabbing his arm and bending it backwards then wrapping her leg around his which tripped him up as she pinned him to the floor. Jay smiled at her and took over, "you're under arrest..." he explained his rights. Hank smiled and patted abbies shoulder, "you alright?" He said concerningly. Abbie smiled at him widely, "all good Sarge" she said while walking next to her boss and Kevin.

When they arrived back to the unit it was time for them to head out, "you text me if you need anything okay?" Jay said to Abbie since he knew she was meeting with her mom tonight. Abbie smiled at him, "I will do" she agreed before getting in her own car to drive home and pick Tyler up. "Hurry up we can't be late" Abbie shouted from her car as Tyler stumbled out of the door and locked it behind him. He ran over to the car and finished tying his laces, "his names Chris by the way" Abbie sighed. Tyler nodded and she drove them to the diner they were meeting at. They walked into the diner and sat down at a table, of course they were late. The siblings sat on one side together so she could grab him if anything happened. It was quiet and there was only a few people in the diner with them, 8:05pm and they still weren't there.

"Hey honeys, so sorry we're late we got caught in traffic" her mom said as the new couple sat down opposite them. Chris didn't even shed a smile, he didn't even want to be there by the look on his face. "It's fine mom" Abbie said while Tyler sat in the uncomfortable silence. "So I want you guys to meet Chris, he'll be like your step dad" she squealed happily. Chris looked bored and he looked at Abbie evilly but he looked at Tyler in disgust, "nice to meet you" the siblings said together, they lied through their teeth. Chris nodded his head and shook them off, "so honey, I was wondering if you have any cash to spare?" She said towards Abbie while taking her hands in hers. Abbie looked at Tyler in sadness, she removed her hands from her mothers grip, "I'm not giving you money mom" Abbie sighed. Chris shot his head in Abbies direction, "god have a bit of respect for the woman" Chris snapped at her.

Abbie shot him a death stare then looked back at her mom, "is this why you wanted to see us? For money?" Abbie huffed. Her mom denied the truth, "no not all sweetie I miss you guys, but the cash would help..." she spat out. Abbie shook her head, "we're leaving" she sighed and grabbed Tyler's hand. Chris banged the table, it made Tyler jump and the whole diner looked at them but Abbie just kept walking away with Tyler. "Not today" Abbie said to herself while the siblings got in her car and drove off to go home. "You okay?" Abbie said to Tyler as they walked into the house. "Yeah, we're used to it by now..." he sighed. She frowned at the thought of her teenage brother maturing faster than he should need to. "Night" Abbie shouted to him as he left to go to his room, he stayed silent but waved at her.

She got out her phone and texted jay even though it was late.
Abbie: "that went terrible"
Jay: "uh oh, what happened?"
Abbie: "well Chris is a prick and my mom only wanted money so I grabbed Tyler and we left"
Jay: "sounds like you did the right thing, everything okay?"
Abbie: "yeah for now, I guess time will tell what happens next"
Jay: "glad you're both okay. See you tomorrow"
Abbie: "see you tomorrow"

She smiled at her phone then yawned before taking herself up to bed, that was enough excitement for one day.