𝔼𝕀𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕝𝕪;

[Y/n's POV]

Elizabeth didn't have any new leads; not about Davon anyways. And he was still with her and it was making me mad. Them kissing and flirting made me unable to focus and do my job. Considering he was my boss it was annoying. I remember times I killed men like him, oh to go back.

Now he's always like, "Y/n this" and "Y/n that," like leave me alone. He doesn't do his own damn job. I wonder how many murderers got away with everything; he just kept turning down everything Jennifer was giving him. He was absolutely awful. 

As if that's not bad enough, the nights I've been eluded from sleep were ridiculous! I was up at ungodly hours of the night sorting through files and papers that Elizabeth had me look at; I only tended to do that when I was restless, which was happening a lot as of late. 

It was hard to watch anything in life. I was once innocent like the people that surrounded me. Not that, that bothered me. I am a quote narcissist asshole who quote needs to lose the ego end quote. Those aren't my words. No, those are the wise words of a man named Davon. Wise? Whoops wrong choice of words; Fool. A fool, we all took him for it.  

It was annoying how annoying he was. It could've been his full-time profession. In all honesty I rarely thought of him. Not in my free time. In my free time I thought of Emma, everything about her. Her body, the way it felt against mine. In all the right ways she was wrong for me. But I had to remind myself she wasn't mine and she wasn't a prize. 

I could play the waiting came with Davon, I was patient a hell of a lot more than him anyways. I could out wait him. I could out play him, out smart him. Out anything him. Except maybe out live him? I had a bigger mouth than him. Something else was bigger but I keep that to myself. 

Either way, with him turning down so many cases we had a whole lot of fucking paperwork. It was alright it, I was used to it. He dumped his pile for the week on my desk. Absolutely nuts if he thinks I'll cover his ass. 

"Y/n," Emma said, knocking. I looked up at her, before she slipped inside. "Can you do the rest of my papers for me?" 

"I suppose," I sighed. "Your boyfriend alright dropped his off. Go for it." She gave me a smile. 

"You're the best," she whispered. 

"Sure." I went back to writing. I assumed she left. 

"JJ wanted to know if you wanted to get dinner with us." I nearly pissed myself. I jumped back dropping my pencil. 

"Jesus. Sure-" 

"Sorry. Did I scare you?"

"A little," I laughed. 

"We are leaving now," she said. "You want to take me?"

"Sure." I stood up, grabbing for my keys. I grabbed my phone stuffing it in my front pocket. "Let's go." 

⤠⤟

It was one hell of an awkward drive; I don't mean to speak for myself, but I will right now. She was jitter, and quiet, but the silence-- let me tell you-- was loud. I was certainly not going to spark up a conversation. 

I didn't want to talk about her boyfriend. I was trying to get over her so I wasn't going to be nice. I'm an asshole I know. Yell at me when you're in my shoes. 

Inside wasn't much better. I realized when I got there, I wasn't all that hungry. I had a headache and my arm ached because of the cold weather. The mixture sent my into an irritable mood. I felt all eyes on me for a second. I nearly snapped just from that. After awhile I just tuned their conversation out.