Hockey Doesn't Count!

"What were you and Sam watching on her laptop before I got there?" Robby asked from the backseat. Lucky for me, I got shotgun.

"Nothing." I said looking at Mr. LaRusso who was giving me a side-ways glance. "Don't worry it wasn't anything bad." I say holding up my hands.

I looked at Robby in the rearview mirror, he looked deflated. 

"Anyways, when I was a kid, Mr. Miyagi used to take me to this beautiful lake up north to train. I tried to take Samantha once, but after the drought, it became more like a puddle" He took a breath, I was staring out the window, looking at the trees and scenery. "So I found this spot instead." He said pulling the car over. 

We all got out and started to follow Mr. LaRusso into the forest. I had to be careful not to trip over tree branches or rocks. We eventually came to a spot where you could see a lake. "You hear that?" He smiled and stopped walking, turning towards Robby and I. "You hear that? I want you guys to close your eyes and tell me what you hear." I did what I was told, closing my eyes and listened.

"What do you hear?" He said quickly.

"Umm nothing." Robby more asked than answered.

"Water rippling in the wind, the leaves and birds." I answered opening my eyes and placing a hands on my hips. 

"Exactly. No phone calls, internet, no family arguments, just you and mother nature." He said looking back between Robby and I. "That's why we're here. This, is what Miyagi-Do karate is all about. Come on." He said lightly smacking Robby's arm. I looked at him, he was smirking and looking after Danial. I shrugged and followed after Mr. LaRusso when he started to walk away. 

First, Mr

First, Mr. LaRusso brought us to a dock. He taught us a pattern that was supposed to teach us self control and peace. We stood on the end of the dock, practicing. I picked it up quickly, while it took Robby a few tries and reminders on the proper moves. Eventually, we were able to all do the movement s in sync with one another. With each breath, I realized how thankful I was that I brought a jacket with me. It was cold out, and didn't help that we were on water. We turned around, doing a double side-kick then a high turning kick. Leading us into a flying roundhouse than an on the ground roundhouse into a punch. 

***

Then He took us to this dried out area and we stood on a rock, practicing punches. After a while, he made us walk back to the forest area by the water. He had us doing more movements and patterns. 

He moved us again, further into the forest this time, He pulled some catchers gear out of the bag be brought. Sighing, I dropped my bag down by a tree and walked closer t him, so did Robby. I was exhausted already from all the walking.

"Okay like I told you, make a strong front stance, and when you throw, your gonna twist your hips and snap the punch, all the power, right here in this one inch. Okay you got it?" He said holding his arm out at Robby pointing to his knuckles.