Secrets Revealed

I sat down in my seat, bouncing my leg nervously. If Robby didn't get here soon, he might miss a few of the first matches. Everyone around me started clapping at something the announcer had said, I had missed what he said because I was so preoccupied with Robby. I was sitting in the front row beside an open area, apparently it was reserved for the LaRusso's but I figured they weren't coming. I checked my phone which had three unread messages I had sent to Robby asking him where he was and if he was okay. 

"Let's start by welcoming all the local dojo's competing today!" A man said from the main sparing mat. I zoned out again, looking at my phone anxiously. I took a sip of my iced coffee, finishing it off. I set it on the ground and looked around me. I heard a noise from beside me, turning my head to see the LaRusso's taking a seat.

"Sam?" I asked, my tone giving away the fact I was shocked.

"Lydia, what are you doing here?" Sam questioned, sliding down on the bench to sit beside me.

"Robby asked me to come actually." I answered smiling. "What about you. I thought you weren't coming?" 

"Changed my mind." She shrugged. 

"Well I'm glad your here. That way I don't have to watch this alone, since Robby ditched me again and all." I added.

"What do you mean he ditched you?" She uttered.

"He told me he was going to the bathroom like, fifteen minutes ago." My leg bouncing really fats now.

"That's weird."

"Mhm." 

"From Reseda. Returning to the tournament, we have.." He started to say.

"Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai!" I line of teenagers came out of the dressing rom, chanting their name and dressed in back and yellow Gi's running in a squiggly motion, supposed to represent a snake I guess. And in front of the line was Miguel followed by Hawk who was followed by Aisha. 

"That's what I call an entrance! And a badass name for a do-jo!" The announcer said loudly into the microphone. 

I looked at Miguel who was staring at Sam, who was trying to look anywhere but at him. My gaze shifted to Eli who was standing beside him, he looked back at me and winked before turning away. 

"And finally fighting unaffiliated from north hills, we have Mr. Robby Keene." He called loudly. My eyes darted to the dressing room to see my brown haired friend, running out of the bathroom in a white Gi and his hair tied back and out of his face. 

"Did you know he was fighting?" Sam questioned me.

"No, I had no idea." My eyes did not leave Robby once.  

"Alright folks, get ready! It's karate time." He said and the crowd broke into an ear defining applause. 

***

"I'm going to talk with Robby." I announced, getting up and walking away before anyone could stop me. I waded my way through crowds of people gathered by the mats until I came to a stop behind Robby who was staring at the fight going on at the mat he was supposed to have his first fight at. "Why didn't you tell me or Mr. LaRusso you were fighting in the tournament?" 

"Well Mr. Larusso and I aren't really on good terms right now, and I didn't tell you because then you might have tried to talk me out of it." He sighed. 

I placed both of my hands on his shoulder. "Actually, I wouldn't have. I think it's a good idea for us to fight other people than just each other." I remarked dropping my hands from his shoulders. "Why aren't you one good terms with Danial?"