Diminished Hopes

We walked into the kitchen with Robby limping and his one arm wrapped around me shoulder, giving him support. I was holding onto his arm with my arm, and my other arm was wrapped around his waist. 

"Robby what happened? Are you okay?" Amanda said, buying our trick.

"It's all my fault, we were sparing and I went to go sweep his legs, he landed on his ankle wrong when he fell." I lied through my teeth, putting on my best guilty expression. 

"Yeah, it's just a twist, I'll be fine, but I'm might have a hard time on my skate board." He filled in  the rest.

"Oh well, Lydia can you drive him with your car?" She asked me.

"No I walked over here." I sighed, trying to put on a good show.

"Well I don't know when Danial's gonna be back but do you want a ride home?" Amanda offered.

"Uh sure, but I know you have those reports to finish, so I can wait." Robby said politely. I looked up at him. 

"No don't worry about it. Sam." She yelled to her daughter in the living room. 

"Yes warden?" Sam yelled back, sassing her mom. She walked into the kitchen a second later, noticing Robby and I's position, "Yeah?" She said holding a book. 

"Robby sprained his ankle and needs a ride home. So drop him off and come straight back, okay?" Amanda instructed Sam. I smiled on the inside at how well my plan was playing out.

"Yeah, uh sure, come on ." She replied, looking shocked. 

We walked out the front door, Robby's arm still draped on my shoulder. "Are you sure your okay?" Sam questioned. 

"Yeah, I just need to walk it off." He replied shrugging. 

"Yeah the jigs up." I said throwing his arm off of me. He did a little skip move and started to walk normal again. 

"Heha, aw there it is. All better." He added smiling at Sam, who looked like she was gonna burst at the seems with joy.

"Wai-wait, did you guys just pull a Kyler Sowzay?" Sam asked looking back between Robby and I.

Robby laughed. "You said you were prisoner, I thought I'd break you out." Robby smiled.

"We. Robby, we thought." I corrected. He rolled his eyes at me. "Maybe if you roll them more, they'll roll back into your head." I say sarcastically. 

"Whatever." He said, brushing me off. He turned to Sam, cutting me out of the conversation completely. I sighed bitterly and walked past him. "So where are we going?" Robby asked Sam. 

"A party, how does that sound?" Sam asked us.

I nodded my head, thinking that's where Demetri was. "That sounds great." He said chuckling while talking.

"Awesome, my boyfriends probably wondering where the hell I am right now." Sam smiled.

"Miguel and Sam, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. Or wait sitting on the ground, right?" I laugh turning around and pointing at her.

"Oh shut up. Your so immature." She laughs, catching up to me. "Come on lets go" She said to Robby.

I heard him say, "Wouldn't want to keep him waiting." My smile slowly dropped, again realizing that he liked Sam.

" My smile slowly dropped, again realizing that he liked Sam