Run Boy Run

The following morning I sat on Allison's bed as I watched her pack up some of her things

The following morning I sat on Allison's bed as I watched her pack up some of her things. Grace had made up one of the spare rooms for me after Five had left me alone. I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep so wandered through the endless halls until I bumped into Allison.

"Hi." Luther spoke groggily as he came in, looking me up and down before turning his attention to Allison. 

"Hey." She replied softly.

"You know, it's funny. I've had the same routine for the last four years. Now that I'm back here I'm not quite sure what to do with myself."

"I know the feeling."

"I'll leave you guys to it." I stood up and made my way over to the door, feeling as if this conversation wasn't meant for me. Allison whispered a small "thank you" and I nodded my head before leaving.

"You must be eager to see Claire." I heard Luther say as he turned the corner. "Who's Claire?" I asked myself as I began to walk downstairs.

"I can't smoke eggs." I heard a familiar voice complain as I turned into the lounge.

"Hey, Klaus." I smiled as I walked over. "You alright?" He looked as if he hadn't had any sleep and was wearing nothing but his underwear, glaring at an empty space on a sofa.

"Uh, yeah." He didn't sound so sure and seemed preoccupied. "You?" He asked as he walked over to a cabinet containing picture frames and trophies.

"Yeah, thanks." I watched as he swung the door open.

"One of these has gotta be gold-plated, right?" He searched through the shelves until someone cleared their throat loudly, grabbing our attention.

"Pogo?"

"My apologies, Master Klaus. I have a query for you." The chimpanzee spoke gently.

"Oh?"

"Items from your father's office have gone missing. In particular, an ornate box with pearl inlay."

"Really?" Klaus spoke unconvincingly, pretending as if he didn't know what Pogo was talking about. I simply raised my eyebrows. "You don't say."

"Any idea where it went?"

"No, no, no. No idea." He sighed. "Sorry." A moments pause. "Drop dead." Klaus spoke looking directly at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Sorry, was talking to Ben." He explained.

"Oh ok- wait," I interrupted myself. "You told your dead brother to drop dead?" I laughed as Klaus jokingly rolled his eyes.

"Would you shut up!" Klaus jeered once again, me not taking any notice of it this time.

"Excuse me?" Pogo looked offended.