I Heard a Rumor

We made it back to the academy quickly; Klaus' mood seemed to have improved rapidly on our way

We made it back to the academy quickly; Klaus' mood seemed to have improved rapidly on our way. He hadn't mentioned what had happened in there so I didn't bring it up, just glad to see him smiling and joking once again.

We crept through the large door when we arrived, quietly laughing at something Klaus had just said. I smiled as he wrapped his arms around me from behind, stopping for just a second to enjoy the moment until...

"Good evening, you two." Came the sound of a now-familiar voice. "Or should I say, good morning."

"Hey, Pogo." Klaus quickly let go of me and waved at him.

"Hi." I greeted him quietly.

"Have either of you seen Master Luther by chance?"

"Yeah, we were just with him. He might be out for a while longer though." I told him.

"Very well, best be off to bed."

"We're adults, Pogo, you don't need to tell us what to do." Klaus replied. "But that doesn't seem like the worst idea..." He whispered the last part in my ear, making me blush as Pogo simply shook his head and walked away.

"C'mon let's go." I pulled Klaus up the elaborate flight of stairs and up towards his bedroom. As soon as he was inside he shut the door and locked it before walking over to where I was stood in the middle of the room. He leant down and kissed me, gently at first, before quickly deepening it. I pulled him closer, beginning to feel more confident, ignoring the fluttering of nerves as excitement washed over me. We broke apart for air, my chest rising and falling with my breaths before we met again.

Before things got any more intimate, Klaus stopped briefly. "Wait, have you ever-?"

"Yeah, a few times." I thought briefly back to the couple of one-night stands I'd had over my time at the Commission before pushing the memories away as quickly as they had entered my mind. "Not that I sleep with a lot of people I just-" I began to stumble on my words as I tried to find the right wording, making him chuckle. "You're laughing at me."

"No, I'm not!" I raised my eyebrows at him. "Ok, maybe I am. Only 'cause of how cute you are."

"You're forgiven." I wrapped my arms around his neck and continued our kiss as he backed us up towards his bed.

*

Klaus and I lay on our backs, my head tucked into the crook of his neck and his arms wrapped around me, watching his fairy lights twinkle gently in the moonlight that streamed through the window. The traffic had died down, only a few cars drove past, breaking up the serene silence every now and then. That was until we heard a loud crash from downstairs making us jump.

"What was that?" Klaus sat up.

"I have no idea..." I got out of bed and quickly pulled on a jumper of Klaus' that I saw on the floor before poking my head outside the door. "Oh, you've got to see this." I giggled as Klaus came to join me. Down the corridor, Luther and the girl from the rave were stumbling around drunk as he tried to get to his room.