Changes

Tires screeched as we pulled up to the academy

Tires screeched as we pulled up to the academy. I was now sat in the front, trying so hard not to think of mum. It was ok, I told myself, and Allison would be ok too, she had to be. I was still shaking and felt violently ill, more than I ever felt on missions with the Commission, but I had no time for that and I needed to snap out of it - fast.

"Come on! Let's go!" Said Five as he jumped out.

"I don't think she's breathing." Luther told us as Diego unlocked the door.

"If we don't get her upstairs, she's gonna die." Klaus said as he waited for everyone to go inside. When we were the last two to go in he looked at me briefly with a frown before averting his gaze and running up the flight of stairs.

Grace and Pogo helped us as soon as we arrived, leading us to a large medical room, presumably where they helped everyone if they got hurt on missions. Luther laid her down on the table in the centre of the room gently.

"She's suffered a severe laceration to her Larynx. One of you will need to give blood." Grace informed us.

"I will." We all volunteered at once.

"I'm doing it." Luther pushed himself forward.

"I'm afraid that's not possible, dear boy. Your blood is more compatible with mine." Pogo told him. I could see Luther's heart breaking even more.

"Hey, don't sweat it. I love needles." Klaus ran over to Grace.

"Master Klaus..." Pogo started again. "Your blood is... How shall I say this? Too polluted."

"Move." Diego pushed past him. "I'll do it." He stood confidently, but as soon as Grace pulled out the needle he fainted. I sighed as I stepped over him.

"Here, take mine." I held out my arm.

*

"What are you doing?" I asked Klaus. I was walking past his room when I saw him turning it upside down, seemingly looking for something. Everyone had left as soon as Grace started taking my blood; she told them there was nothing they could do, that they would just be in the way of her helping Allison.

"Oh, so you wanna talk to me now?"

"I'm sorry?"

"What the hell was that earlier? You suddenly don't wanna be with me now you've got what you wanted?" He accused.

"What?"

"Or... are you scared of me?"

"No, of course not." I stepped inside his room.

"Then what? I was just trying to help." Klaus still sounded angry.

"I know." I matched his tone before stopping myself. "I know." I said again, this time so softly it came out as a whisper.