Extra Ordinary

"Five, what happened?" I asked as I came into his room to see him stitching up his arm

"Got into a bit of an altercation, that's all." He hid a grunt of pain as he reached out for a box of plasters lying on his bed.

"Here, let me." I got one out and put it gently over the huge wound. I then helped him put his blazer on as he struggled to bend his arm the way he needed to.

"What's in the bag?" I asked as he zipped it up.

"Delores. I found her."

"I'm really glad." I smiled. "Can I come with you today?"

"Aren't you going to hang out with your new best friend, Klaus?"

"What? You're always going to be my best friend." This made him smile.

"Fine, you can come."

"Thank you."

We both made our way down the fire escape on the side of the building. I offered to carry Five's bag for him but he refused, freaking out when I went to pick it up.

"I'd ask what you're up to, Klaus, but then it occurred to me... I don't care." We both jumped down from the last step on the ladder.

"Hey!" Klaus laughed. "You know there are easier ways out of the house, right?"

"This one involved the least amount of talking. Or so I thought."

"Wow, don't I have a fun day ahead of me?" I chuckled. "Klaus, why exactly are you in a bin?"

"Just looking for something, you need any more company today? I could, uh... clear my schedule." He took a swig from his flask.

"It looks like you've got your hands full." Five said.

"I can do this whenever, I just..." Klaus fell back into the bin. "Found it!" He picked up half a bagel, taking a bite out of it.

"I'm done funding your drug habit. I know you stole that money from me yesterday."

"Oh, actually that was me..." Five turned to me, looking disappointed. "I'm sorry! I was hungry."

"Ok, we're leaving. Come on!" He began to walk towards a van at the end of the alleyway.

"I'll see you later!" Klaus yelled as I chased after Five.

"Bye!" I smiled as I quickly turned around to wave before getting inside. "This yours?"

"It is now." Five started the engine and drove off.