Parents aprovement?

Two months after the reunion of team Avatar, Asami had fully recovered from her twisted ankle. It was was midday and the couple had already ate lunch, the dark haired girl was cleaning the dishes while Korra was still sitting on the table very thoughtful, actually she was worried. Asami, who had recently finished drying them, couldn't help noticing that Korra wasn't fine, so she turned to her and asked-" What's bothering you, honey?".
"U-um nothing is just...."- said the Avatar slightly rising her head to Asami-"that I haven't told anything about us to my parents yet, and I don't know how they will take it".
"Everyone here thought it was ok, Tenzin, Lin...".
"That's why, people here think differently from the people living at the South Pole. The Water Tribe have their traditions and, I'm afraid they want to cut ties with me after I tell them".
Asami grabbed a chair and placed it next to Korra, she sat and rubbing her back said-"Korra, we are now in modern times, they will understand that things are changing, and if they don't I will be here for you, actually all of your friends in Republic City will support you".
Korra couldn't help it anymore so she hid in Asami's chest and cryed.

Recovering few minutes later, the Avatar got up the nerve and said-" I'm going to call them".
Asami really concerned asked-" Good, but what are you going to say?".
"That I love you"- stated Korra proudly.
"No, you can't attack them like that, you have to be more cautious".
"I know babe, I didn't ment that literally".
"Oh okay, haha"- Asami giggled nervously. She had been thinking about what Korra, at first she thought It was stupid from her to think that from her parents in this times (and actually telling to the people in the city had been so easy). But when she herd about the traditions, she realized that it must be hard for her. So she started to think the worst, What if her parents took her back to the Pole? What would she do without her? Although this thoughts, Asami tried her best to hide them from Korra, she knew that the Avatar will freak out even more if she saw that she was scared too. She had to stay strong for her.

Korra stood up followed by her girlfriend and sat in front of the phone. She stared at it for seconds figuring out what she was going to say. Both girls thinking the same; How am I gonna do this? How will they take it? Asami was just looking at her without emitting a sound. Finally, Korra decided that even though it hurted that her parents wouldn't talk to her, she didn't care, because all she wanted in the world was to be next to Asami. So she picked up the phone, dialed her house number and waited for someone to answer. She could feel the pain in her stomach as she feared her parents rejection.

The Avatar made such a fast movement, that Asami shocked and her eyes widened like two plates. Rapidly, she realized that if Korra saw her, she will back down and never call her parents again, so she relaxed her face.
"Hello, mum?"- said Korra.
"Korra? How are you? So long no see"- answered Senna.
"Haha yeah, everything is fine here, is dad there?".
"Yes, do you want to talk to him? Wait, I'll call him".
"No no, ugh"- said Korra pissed as her mum wasn't listening.
"Darling!! Korra is on the phone"- the Avatar could hear her mum shouting on the other side of the line.
"Hello? Dad on the phone"- said Tonraq happily.
"Dad, could you please put the phone on loud speaker? I have something important to say to both of you".

Tonraq could sence something was wrong, he knew her daughter, and realized the shiver in her voice. So he immediately changed the phone on the mode.
"What's wrong honey?"- asked Senna concerned as she could read her husband's face.
"I have something important to tell you"- repeated Korra nervously, not being able to proceed.
"What is it?"- asked his father.
"I um... I hope you don't get mad at me".
"Honey, we are your parents, we will always love you"- said her mother giving a quick glance to his father. 'I hope so'- Korra thought, and taking a deep breath-"I... I'm dating Asami"- she finally said.
Asami couldn't believe, she just said it!
After a brief pause, Tonraq said-" If you are happy and you think she is the one....".
"We support you, honey"- Senna finished the sentence.
Korra, whose eyes were closed because of the fear the intrigue caused her, couldn't be so happier, that broke in tears. Asami who had herd every word, hugged Korra as tears run down her face.
"I-I thought you would hate me for this"- recognized the Avatar.
"Oh darling, we will never hate you"- said her mum.
"Ok, I think it's time for you two to rest after a hard emotional day, we will call you tomorrow"- said Tonraq realizing her daughter couldn't talk anymore.
"O-ok, bye"- said Korra hunging up.

After a while when both girls got better, Korra looked up to Asami and asked-"Are you ok?".
"I couldn't be more happy"- she answered.
--------------------------------
02/09/15
Hope you like it, I will be posting the last chapter tomorrow, and soon start with the second part of the story on another book.