Chapter 1

"You want me to bring you anything?" Shawn asked his wife before placing the bags near the door of their bedroom.

"No. I have everything I need." She said smiling hard. It was the smile that Shawn had missed for the past two years. He really thought he would never see that smile on her face again.

Beyoncé slowly moved into the bedroom and sat down on her bed. She still could remember Shawn asking her that exact same question two years ago. Back then, she thought she would never be happy again... they both would never be. She was ready to live a sad life, pretending that everything was okay but knowing that she would never be the same again. But now, after thousands of arguments, tears that they both shed and even an almost separation, they were finally where they should have been two years ago. They were finally genuinely happy.

Thinking back, Beyoncé was convinced that they would never get over what happened to them. At some point, she even talked about a divorce. She was more than happy and thankful to her husband, because he was the one who fought for them. He showed her how much he loved her and that living a life without his wife was never an option for him.

Two years earlier

"You want me to bring you anything?" Shawn asked his wife before placing the bags near the door of their bedroom. Beyoncé just shook her head and then laid down on their bed. There was nothing she wanted to do right now but to lay down and sleep. She was tired, exhausted, and even if she wanted to cry, there weren't any tears left for her.

"I will lay down with you." Shawn said laying down next to his wife and then pulling her close. Beyoncé closed her eyes as soon as he was holding her tight. She could finally start to relax in her husband's arms.

"I love you. We gonna make it through this." He whispered in her ear before softly kissing the side of her neck.

"I love you too." Beyoncé said opening her eyes, then closing again so she could get some sleep.

Beyoncé had no idea how she and Shawn could make it through this. This should have been the happiest time of their lives, but now it was like they were living a nightmare which neither of them could wake up from. Shawn and Beyoncé spent the last nine months getting ready to become parents. They got the baby's room ready, read books and went to parenting class. They were both ready to welcome their first baby, they were definitely not ready to go home without their new born.

"Shhhh. it's okay." Shawn said, wiping the tears from Beyoncé's face. She didn't even notice that she started to cry. Beyoncé was actually surprised where all the tears were coming from. She was sure that there weren't any left, not after crying nonstop for days.

"It's not fair. I want my baby back." She said crying harder into Shawn's chest.

"I know Bey. I would do everything to bring you our son back. Sometimes life is not fair."

"It was my fault. You told me that I was working too much and it was not good for the baby."

"Bey, it's not your fault. You heard what the doctor said. Sometimes things like this happen." He said obviously trying to make her feel better, but Beyoncé knew deep down that she should had listened to him. She worked until the day before her water broke, she never rested like Shawn and her doctor told her to. She wished she could turn back time and had stayed in bed when she didn't feel good or instead of working for 10 hours every day, just had went back home when everyone left the office as well. Maybe not working at all.

"It hurts so much."

"I know." Shawn said with a shaking voice trying not to cry in front of his wife, not because he was ashamed of his tears, but because he needed to stay strong for her. He needed to be her soldier and show her that this terrible thing would make them stronger as individuals and as a couple as well.