Chapter 10

Beyoncé's P.O.V

"Isn't she perfect?" I asked smiling hard, without taking my eyes off my 4-day-old daughter.

The feeling that I experienced when I first saw and held her, was something that I couldn't describe in words. I finally felt complete, like my life gained a deeper sense.

"She is the most beautiful thing I ever saw." Shawn said. "It feels surreal. I can't believe that we don't have anything though. I already called our mothers. They said they will buy us a few things."

"I don't care. We have a crib, and as long as we clean her up and feed her, she will be happy. She doesn't care what color are the walls or even if she has her own bedroom."

When I found out that I was pregnant, I completely freaked out. It wasn't a big surprise, because just like my first pregnancy, this one was also planned. But I couldn't help being scared that Shawn and I would have to go through the same nightmare again.

I was relieved to find out that Shawn was scared as well. We talked a lot and Dr. Hard was a big help as well. We didn't tell our families right away. I was six months into my pregnancy before we shared the news with both our families. Then I didn't allow anyone to buy anything for the baby. We didn't even get her nursery ready. The only thing that we brought was a crib that was now next to our bed.

"Can you believe that we have a daughter? We are finally parents."

"I know. It's crazy." Shawn said while taking her from me.

"You gonna be an amazing daddy."

"You think?" He asked, like he wasn't really sure about it.

"Of course. This little girl is very lucky to have you." I said smiling at my husband.

"So little Julia, it's time for you to sleep so your mama can get some rest as well."

"I love the name that we chose." I said watching Shawn carefully placed our daughter in her crib.

"Me too. It fits her. Rest for a while. Our families will be here in a few hours."

"Right. I'm a little tired anyway." I said getting comfortable under the covers.

*****

Shawn's P.O.V

I had such a big smile on my face as I watched my wife and daughter fall asleep. I felt like I had waited for so long to this. I was so afraid it would never happen.

I took one last look at them and left to go downstairs. I could watch them all day, but I needed to get some things done before our families arrived.

"Hi mom, Hi Ms. Tina." I said greeting my mother-in-law and mother as I welcomed them into my house.

"Where is she? Where's my grandbaby?" My mother-in-law asked immediately.

I laughed. "She's upstairs sleeping. Giving her mama a break."

"Where's Beyoncé?" My mother asked.

"Getting some sleep, while she can."

"That's good. We brought food for the both of you for a few days."

"Thanks ma."

"We also brought all the things you two didn't let us bring for the last 3 months."

"Is the truck outside?" I joked.