Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Hi Mr. Carter. Are you alone today?" Dr. Hard said, seeing Shawn at the waiting area without his wife.

"Well, Bey should be here, but she got caught up with some things." He said awkwardly. Beyoncé had told him she would meet him there after she finished with some shopping she said she needed to do, but now that she didn't show up, he felt like she never really intended to come.

"It's okay. Come in please." The doctor told him, pointing at the door.

Shawn reluctantly did so. He actually thought about leaving when he realized Bey wasn't coming. After all, she was the only reason why he was doing this. He wanted to get help for her, but after the days they been having, he started to feel that he needed help too. He needed help with his wife.

"So, how are you doing?" Dr. Hard asked as they took a seat.

"I'm uh I honestly feel like I'm doing something wrong." Shawn blurted it out, figuring he wouldn't have the courage to say it otherwise.

"Why what happened?" Dr. Hard said concerned.

"I've been trying really hard to help my wife through this. I know she's hurting, but I'm trying my best to make it better anyway I can. But it doesn't work. Nothing works."

"It's not easy for her." The doctor tried to appease.

"I thought I just needed to be strong for her. Until she figured things out, but she asked for a divorce." He said staring at the floor, still unable to believe she actually said that.

"Were you arguing when she said that?"

"No. She went out with her sisters and friends then the next morning she wanted to talk to me about that. It seemed like she thought about it for a while, but what I believe is that her friends put that shit in her mind. It is driving me crazy. I have no idea what to do. I just know I'm not signing any papers."

"Why do you think her friends put that in her mind?"

"That's what they always do, or maybe it was her sisters, but every time they go out Bey comes back talking about crazy things."

"Are you sure that she really meant what she said?"

"I have no idea. I don't know my wife anymore." Shawn said while shaking his head.

"I know it must be hard for you and your wife as well. You need to be patient and it's important that you two talk about everything, you need to share what you both are feeling."

"I'm tired... I'm so tired of feeling like this. I want to close this chapter of my life, but I can't do it without my wife."

"Sometimes when things like this happen, it can bring couples closer together or it can tear them apart. Try to give Beyoncé her space, but make sure to let her know she can reach out for you."

"I can try, but the space between us only grows."

"It would be good if you tried to bring her with you for the next session."

"Okay. I will try that too." He said.

Shawn stayed and talked to Dr. Hard until his time was up. He wasn't feeling any better, but at least he talked to someone.

When he got home, he wasn't surprised to see that his wife wasn't back yet. Ever since she stopped going to work, she started spending most of her time outside doing god knows what.

Shawn went upstairs to his room feeling absolutely empty, there weren't any emotions left, he wasn't even mad anymore. He just wanted to move on and leave the last few months behind him.