chapter 13

Mama knows best.

With all these happening., I was looking at Demi and
Charlie from afar. I noticed how Demi was staring at Charlie. I asked them to.come to me. The boy went to me
For such a long time that  I requested them to come to me and this should be important.
Kahlil said that for whatever it is his answer is yes. So, I asked him if he is serious in pursuing Kristle and he said " I've never been more serious Mother but I am willing to sacrifice for Demi. Nothing can come between us."
Hearing this Dem asked his Mother" What about asking me Mother. I am so sorry that I have fallen for someone else. Brother not that I do not love Kristle but I love Charlie more. I did not have the slightest intention to hurt  Kristle's ,  Charlie came and I fell in love with her. Do you like her brother?" Demi wanted to know.
Kahlil said "As a sister yes brother" I was relieved with their honesty and told my husband about it.
Kahlil has a problem.now. How could he tell Kristle about Demi's feelings for her? And as if hearing him  Demi said " Don't worry brother, That will be my problem, I promise to be gentle."
Demi came to see Kristle in that big newly renovated house she lived in with her parents. This time formally dressed in a black denim pants topped by a light blue long sleeved polo shirt. To Kristle , she could only admire one man who can get away being rugged and equally formal. Kahlil looks like the most respectable man in the world, but irresistible when he goes rugged.
Demi did not make his visit too long. Initially, he planned to say he is giving in to his  brother but later on thought of being true about it he said" You must truly know that I love You. But somebody came along. Nothing is wrong about you but this is all because of me. Will I be your brother.?" Little drops of tears fell from her eye and said " Thank you." Demi thought it was a sarcastic statement Kristle continued "For setting me free brother." and she asked Where is Kahlil?
     I was relieved her sons were able to settle their differences.  It could have been difficult to meddle between them where the heart is concerned.  If it were not straightened out, she has no choice but to have both of them stop from playing with any of the girls. Now, she knows they are not playing but a part of growing up.  They no longer boys but men. But  I am not yet ready to let go of them. Istill wants to feel the warmth  of their hugs. But now , it seems their hearts have been taken away  and they are set to be with the girls they love especially Kahlil who is not out to play.   I is thankful that the girls they chose seem to be decent.
     Prince Rashid called for our sons to talk about their plans of settling down.  He asked me to.prepare a special dinner. He asked to add roast turkey among her special dishes and something to enjoy after eating dinner. He remembers that I am  good in making cup cakes in various flavors.  He thought about his favorite with cashew nuts with 3 pcs of raisins to make it a little sweeter. I thought of serving crunchy pork skin and dip of spicy vinegar with diced onions and ground pepper .  Prince Rashid is not fond of non healthy food, he suggested to have fruits.
     Kahlil invited Kristle for the dinner. She was a bit shy to appear with the brother of her ex-boyfriend but  she cannot  decline the invitation of  Kahlil who exerted effort to fetch her from the gym after her work out . She was not prepared and thought would not be appropriate to attend a dinner with decent people in a simple black tight fitting crop top. She asked Kahlil if they could go swiftly to the mall to get something to look in a more appropriate attire. She has just taken a shower and ponytailed her newly dryconditioned hair made her look  fresh and gorgeous. She made a hush  hush selection of  pashmina to make her attire more decent but chic.  Kahlil was impressed with her taste of elegance while maintaining her look.of simplicity and innocence.   Kahlil does not approve of women who makes a man wait for a lifetime in putting something to her face. Kristle is not just the type. Kahlil is so sure that she is the one for him. They headed to the special dinner at the log cabin.
Demi and Charlie were already waiting at the garden.  Charlie was in a black dinner outfit. Her hair cut short but chic. She took off her glasses and kissed Kristle who was too shy in her improvised dinner outfit. But Charlie cannot deny the girl's beauty behind that simplicity. She felt a little insecurity but Demi made her feel confident  , he held her hands tightly and embraced her closer to him.
     Kahlil knows that Kristle is getting uneasy with her outfit. He pulled her closer to him  and  his brother felt his real feelings for it would not be good if he causes their break up. He patted his brother's shoulder and went to the dining table with their partners.
     I  am happy to see the pairs. This might be the only time for me to see them.together  but come to think of it they will be no longer  be 4 but with mini mis. I  could imagine the little  Demi running around like Demi when he was a little boy and a pretty little girl in ponytails tagging her father's pants to buy some popcorn. I told myself to love them equally and would never let them feel that s
I would favor the children of Demi.   Kahlil is such a sweet son and I regretted not being able to show him mylove.I saw no bad feelings from him but showed how much he loves his brother. I feel successful in raisin my two sons.