Train Wreck (XOVER)

All was silent in Firehouse 51.

Mainly because the biggest trouble maker took a week off, Mack was taking a train to D.C. today. Her boys on Truck 81 and Squad 3 were curious as to why, so were her girls on Ambo. The only person who knew why was the Chief, but even he didn't know the real reason.

The alarms made the silent house jump.

TRUCK 81, SQUAD 3, AMBULANCE 61, BATALLION 25 
TRAIN DERAILMENT-

"Isn't Mack taking a train today?" Otis called out, so while he drove Casey took his phone out.

His eyes widened, pulling his radio up, "Guys, it's Mack's train!"

*  *  *

Mack slowly opened her eyes, taking in the silence around her. She groaned, she was on her back. The compartment she was in was on it's side, Mack turned her head to the right only to look straight into another passenger's dull eyes.

The female firefighter went to move her arms, but felt that they were wrapped around a body. A small body. Mack quickly looked to check on her son, he was breathing. It came flooding back to her, as soon as she felt the train go to fly, Mack had wrapped her son up into her arms and refused to let go.

As she inspected the boy she noticed he will have bruises and a few scrapes, but he would be okay. Now herself, was a different answer. Mack looked down her body, choking up at what she saw.

There were two different pieces of metal going through her body, one in her thigh and one that barely missed her son going into her side. The single mother teared up, pressing a kiss to her child's head. Mack was pretty sure she wouldn't be able to get out of this one.

So she laid there, keeping one hand on her son's pulse. When the sweet sounds of fire engines came to her ears she smiled softly, Mack hoped that her firehouse family was out there. She could only hear it from a distance once they stopped coming closer, so she figured that the train car landed pretty far. 

"Please! Just save my boy!" After an hour of screaming for someone to come help, her throat was raw. "Please," Mack hoarsely whispered. At the sound of her baby groaning, she looked down at him. "Hey, little man."

"Momma?" His beautiful blue eyes were full of tears.

Her matching eyes locked with his, "It's gonna be okay, baby." Mack could feel herself growing weaker, she won't last much longer. She just didn't want her baby to witness it.

There was a ripping metal sound, Mack looked over and flinched as the sunlight burned her eyes. "Guys, I found Mack." She knew that voice, her eyes adjusted and recognized the figure as one Christopher Herrmann.

"How is she?" That was her Chief over the radio.

Herrmann moved forward and crouched down next to her, his eyes went over her pale and weak body. "She ain't looking too good." The firefighter looked to her boy, "Hey, buddy, where's your parents?"

Mack smiled weakly, "Herrmann, I'd like you to meet my son." 

Herrmann pulled back a little in shock, no one knew she had a kid. He smiled despite the circumstances, "What's your name, kid?"

Her boy slipped a hand into her own, "Lee." His voice was quiet as he looked back to his mom.

Mack suddenly caught sight of Gabriella Dawson coming inside, "Hey, baby. I need you to go with my friend, her name is Gabby. Okay?" The mother caught her son's look, "Hey, it's going to be okay. Just go with her." Gabby looked her friend over quickly, tears springing to her eyes. The paramedic and firefighter watched as the mother pulled her son closer, kissing his cheek multiple times and ending it with a kiss on the forehead. "I love you, little man."