Herrmann's First Love (XOVER)

Herrmann couldn't believe it.

He looked around at his family at the firehouse, they were laughing and enjoying themselves.

His brothers, sisters, and he had to put a dampener on their moods.

"Alright, listen up!" Everyone turned to him. "I hate to bring the mood down, but I've got something I want to say." Slowly, everyone put what they were doing down, Chief Boden placing his hands on his hips and looking to one of his best friends. "I want to tell you this because you guys are my family. I always know that I can count on ya'll in a time of need." Herrmann frowned and forced the words from his lips, "Cindy is leaving me and taking the kids." 

"She can't just take your kids away," Dawson stood and walked to Herrmann.

"The courts took her side on this, since I have such a life threatening job." The firefighter sighed, "I needed to tell you all since Cindy is taking the kids and moving to Colorado." 

Herrmann immediately left after his last statement.

<><><>

It had been almost a year since the divorce, he hasn't seen his kids since. Herrmann was still his happy go lucky self, but a little blue all the time. He was 40 years old and divorced without his kids with him.

"Hey, Herrmann."

The firefighter looked up to see Otis, who was going through a bad break up. "What's up, Otis?"

He sighed, "I hate to bring it up, but how did you get over Cindy, your first love?"

Herrmann smiled a little, "Cindy wasn't my first love." The firefighters around him looked over. "My first love was a woman named Adeline Winchester."

Cruz frowned, "Winchester? Like the brothers on the F.B.I.'s Most Wanted?"

Herrmann nodded, "She's their sister." He let it sink in, "Now, when I knew Adeline her brothers were her whole world and they still are. I can tell because every time they pop up, a woman with her description is seen around them."

"Who's the oldest?" 

"Dean is the oldest, Adeline is only 13 minutes younger than him." Herrmann answered Mouch's question.

"How'd you meet?" Severide asked as he turned his chair more towards the older man.

Herrmann smiled, "I was 24, she was 22. We were at a bar and this guy was hitting on her, so she turns around and goes to sock him right in the face. He pushed her fist away and I'm the one who winds up getting a black eye." The people around him laugh, "So as an apology, she buys me a drink and we wind up talking. I continue to talk to her while she stays in Chicago, which was for about 5 months. We fell in love and then her father rolls into town and takes her back home, I never saw her again. I met Cindy 3 months after she left." His family around him smiled as Herrmann had a smile unknowingly on his face, he was still in love with Adeline.

"Uh, Herrmann?" Mouch pointed to the T.V.

The news lady started talking, "Breaking News! The Winchester Brothers have been spotted here in Chicago, please be advised to not approach them. Call the police immediately." Everyone saw the headline.

'Serial Killers at Large'

"Speak of the Devils," Mouch muttered and sighed. "You know, I think I remember meeting Adeline once."

Antonio Dawson suddenly walks in, "Can I have your attention, please?" Chief Boden walks in behind him with a somber look on his face. "As you can see The Winchesters are in town and they got on our radar when they set fire to a warehouse across town. Just be sure to look around before running into any buildings, okay?"