Heartland (NCIS)

Lilliana Gibbs. The daughter of Shannon and Jethro Gibbs, sister of Kelly. When her mother and sister were killed Lily was with her grandfather Jackson in Stillwater. Jethro never came to get her after the funeral, just left her with Jackson.

Lily walked down the street towards her grandfather's shop, smiling and waving to some people. She slowed to a stop just outside the door when she spotted a man and woman alone inside. Lily silently made her way around back and came in through the back door, just standing behind the counter.

'Uh, McGee?'

They were talking to someone on the computer. The man frowned into the screen, "Yeah?"

A male voice now came through, 'Turn around.'

The two people slowly turned around and met eyes with Lily's blue ones. The woman spoke first, "Who are you?"

Lily narrowed her eyes, "I should ask you that, never seen you before."

The man she guesses is McGee pulled out a badge, "NCIS, McGee and David." He had gestured to the woman at the last name. "Who are you?"

Lily shrugged, "A clerk here in the store, Lily."

The woman nodded, "When did you get here?"

McGee looked back to Lily with a curious look, the redhead once again shrugged before going to the back and starting to take stock.

Lily stayed back there until she heard the shop door chime and her grandfather's voice ring out, "Everybody's always lying to you all the time. Can't you ever take things as you see 'em?"

The redhead was about to come out front to see him when she heard his voice, "I see people lying to me."

"You were such a happy child."

"Boss, I talked to Tony and Abby." McGee now spoke.

"Boss? You make them call you that?" There was a pause form her grandfather. He soon laughed while speaking, "He's not a...are you a boss, Leroy?"

"Blood traces from LaCombe's ring will help us ID two of his attackers."

"As far as how they found him, LaCombe's squad in Iraq made a video and put it on the Net."

"It was posted a month ago, and already has almost half million hits."

Lily zoned out now, he was here. And it wasn't because he wanted to see her, it was because her old friend Ethan was alive, apparently. Somehow, even though it shouldn't, it hurt. Knowing that her own father wants nothing to do with her.

His voice brought her back, "It could have been anyone. But they lied to me about it."

The way her spoke to her grandfather made her angry. Lily silently walked out and stood behind him, "Oh no, someone lied to you, big deal." Gibbs was startled, he turned around to her fast. "Why's it so shocking? People lie all the time." 

Lily now made her way behind the counter as Gibbs studied her for a moment. Jackson sighed and walked over to her, "Thank you for holding down the fort, Lily."

"Anything for you, just tell me if there's going to be random people in the store next time." Jackson laughed and nodded, giving Lily a hug. "I'll come and see you in the morning, night."

"Goodnight, Bug." 

Lily stared Gibbs down for a moment before rolling her eyes and leaving out the front door. Gibbs sighed, looking down at the floor.

*  *  *

Lily walked down the road to the store once more, but she looked behind her for a second and saw Chuck and the Sheriff. She sighed heading inside and going straight to Jackson, giving him a kiss on the cheek.