Chapter 1: Natasha Romanov

Natasha Romanoff

Natasha was always a light sleeper. So when she heard her door opening, her hand was already going under her pillow grabbing the gun she hid there. Her eyes opens as she wait for the intruder to walk closer. Just enough for her to attack.

"Nat?" But when she heard that soft voice her cold heart melted and she quickly let the gun go and sat up.

"Pete? Why are you up so late? What's wrong?" It took a while.

It took a long damn while for her to hear that voice call out her name. Peter only ever talked with Tony or Pepper since he got home from the Clint's Cabin. Everyone was surprised.

Everyone wanted to cry out and ask for the boy to speak again and again. But Bruce put his foot down and spoke up. Do not force him to speak or we will all face another consequences. So they had a meeting about Peter's condition.
He was then diagnost by Bruce's and Helen's Doctor friend. A specialist for this kind of condition.

Selective Mutism.

Peter can't help not to talk. It's his defense mechanism. He thought he was something like a curse and everyone around him dies. That's why he pushes everyone away and shuts himself off.
Even resulting to suicide.

"Nightmare?" Peter nods and Natasha smiled knowingly. Unfolding the comforter and tapping the space next to her. Peter slowly climb up, rubbing his eyes. Natasha had to pull his hand off so she can take a better look at him.

"Can you tell me what was it?" Peter sighs as Natasha comb back his curls, away from his forehead. A habit everyone does.

"Building.." Peter mutters and Natasha pulls him in her arms. That's the only thing she needs to know.

"Do you want me to call Tony?" Peter shakes his head against Natasha's shoulder.

"Woke him up.. twice. And.. Pepper's not feeling well." Natasha rubs his back aiding him to lie down. As she tucks him in, she went back in pulling the kid in her arms. Rubbing circles on his back or gently massaging the boy's scalp.

Pepper is at her 6th month. Obviously pregnant and Peter is shutting down again.

Tony's worried and it's showing.

Everyone notice and they had to have another meeting about Pete's condition now that the baby is coming.

"Little spider.. it's all going to be okay. You got everyone. No one will leave you alone. Not me. Nor Tony and Potts." Natasha kisses his forehead and Peter stared at her.

".. I.. Nat.." Peter sniffles and Natasha cups his cheek.

"Shh.. go.. speak when you're ready."
She says voice quiet but still soothing.

"I dreamt of.. jumping off. I felt nothing, Nat. I wanted to do it. But now.. now I'm scared." Peter trembles and Natasha squeeze him in a hug. Rubbing his back.

"Shh... It's okay.. I got you, Pete." Peter sniffles again but his trembling subsides a bit. Hearing the familiar line Tony always says to him.

"You did.. back then. I remembered."
Peter grips the back of her cotton shirt.

"You saved me." Peter said sighing as Natasha drops a kiss on his forehead again.

"I'll always will." Natasha smiles against his forehead then pulling away to wipe his tears.

"I'm scared, Nat.."

"It's okay to be afraid, Pete. Tell me.. I'm right here."

"I'm scared because it feel so right to do it again." Natasha stills from wiping Peter's tears and her eyes widen.