Chapter 4: Home Alone

Home Alone

"Hap, thank you for dropping me off." Peter's first sleepover after everything that happened.

"Sure, I'm going to pick you up tomorrow. If something happens just give me a call kid." Happy shows him a smile.

"I will. But it's not like Dad has this monitoring me every milisecond right?" Peter shows off his watch and Happy shakes his head.

"Still, call me and I'll pick you up right away." Peter smiles back and Happy finally drove off.

"Dude, you'll really go today? What do I do if Mr. Stark comes looking for you?" Ned and Peter are currently playing video games.

"I need to visit her, and I don't want Mom and Dad to worry. Morgan is currently taking up all of their time as of now. I don't want to add to that." Peter almost curse when Ned just ended his character. Ned is not celebrating though. He just place the controller down and face his bestfriend. Worried etch on his features.

"Are you sure you'll be okay? Especially with this on me?" Ned lifts his arm with the Peter's watch on him.

"Yeah. Don't worry. That's just measuring your vitals. Heart rate, lungs, blood pressure and of course it'll read if you happen to go out of this house without informing my Dad." Peter grabs his back pack.

"Just give me an hour. I'll take a taxi and will be back in no time." Peter said.

"Okay.. but please be careful, okay?"

Peter hands his phone to Ned. Knowing it also has a tracker on.

"I will. Don't worry."

Peter takes a taxi towards the cemetery and the way to there was fast. Everything was quiet until the sky turns darker and thunder starts rumbling and lighting started striking down somewhere. He gets out of the taxi and he's glad he have his umbrella with him but even with that, the rain poured hard. Soaking his shoes and a bit of his pants.

He walks in the cemetery, looking at the tombstones, reading the names and the dates of birth and .. death.

Calculating in his mind how long they've lived.

"Peter.." He stops and read a name on one. Same as his. That Peter was young. Younger than him. He died when he was just 13 years old. He sighs and he continued walking.

If he was successful... before..

Will some random stranger too will feel like counting the years he just have? Just like this?

He didn't regret fighting though. He overcomed his suicidal tendencies but..

The feeling of void in his chest never left him.

Especially now, as he stares down at May Parker's name on a stone. Delicately engraved with the date of her birth and death. Ben's stone was right next to hers. Wanting them to be together even in here. His parents are somewhere else though. In the same cemetery.. but a bit farther from where May and Ben are.

"Hi May.." he crouch down, placing one small vase of lillies in front of her stone.

"Hi Ben.." He again place another vase of lillies in front of Ben's.

"I'm sorry I was only able to visit now. I.. I wanted to come with you guys.. but.. I can't do that right? You wouldn't want that. I have a really great set of parents raising me now. They're non other than Tony Stark and Pepper Potts, soon to be Stark. She's just preoccupied with a baby as of now. Her and Dad.. my Dad.. Tony Stark."

The rain somehow doesn't stop. But it did subsides a bit.

"I missed you guys so much." Peter sniffles. His eyes turning red and warm with unshed tears. He stayed there talking about school, about Tony, about Pepper and about Morgan. After a good whole hour, he stands up looking down, wiping his eyes.

"I'm.. gonna visit them now. Bye May.. Ben.." He walks out smiling at their names. At about a five minute walk, he passed a lot of graves once again. Reading names and calculating how old they were before.