Chapter 8: Back to School Fieldtrip

Back to School Fieldtrip

"Dude! You're finally back! Is this for real?" Ned greets Peter with their handshake and Peter nods.

"Yeah.. all's good."

"Okay everyone settle down, I'm going to give out the details, excuse letters and brochure for our field trip." Mr. Harrington came passing brochures and letters to class.

"What field trip?"

"Oh it's like a camping trip in some Camp by the lake in Parksville. Did I forgot to tell you that? Will your Dad let you come? I'm really looking forward to be there with you and MJ." Ned says and Peter sighs.

"There will be canoeing and everything." Ned continues giving his best version of puppy eyes to his bestfriend.

"Of course I will." Let's hope Tony will allow me though.

Tony is curently in his lab after feeding Morgan and giving her back to Pepper. While tinkering on his computer, upgrading the program of his suits.

"Boss, Peter just got back and requesting access to come in your lab."

"Let him in, Fri."

"Dad..?" The sound of Peter's soft voice calling out for him alarm him a bit.

"Kiddie? What's wrong?" Tony turns his swivel chair around and he quickly stood up to meet his son half way in his lab.

"Uh.. can you sign this?" Peter looks nervous as he hands over the papers.

"Did you got in trouble on your first day?" Tony lifts an eyebrow and Peter shakes his head.

"No.. just.. it's important."

Tony then opens the letter and his eyes narrows on the paper.

"Field trip? What Field trip?!" Tony's voice got loud and Peter flinch.

"I want to come with Ned and Mj.. please can you let me come with them?" Peter looks down and Tony sighs.

"Pete.. how long?" Rubbing his shaky hand over his cold face he scan the letter reading the 3 days written on it as if he can't comprehend it.

"3 days.." and Peter repeats it he sighs rubbing his face again.

"Can you handle being alone for that long, kiddie? Are you sure about this?" Peter didn't look at his Dad but he nods his head.

"I can."

"Your therapist haven't cleared you yet, bud. How are you so sure?" Tony asks again taking note to call his Doctor.

"But.. " Peter clench his hands and Tony drop the papers over the counter of his work station. Taking his son's hands in his.

"Kid, look at me." Peter didn't and Tony had to cup his lift his chin so he can meet his son's bambi eyes.

"I'm asking you again. Can you be alone for that long? Will you be okay?"

"Yeah.. Ned and MJ are there and.. you, Mom and Mor will video call me everynight right?" Peter says smiling a little knowing he needs reassurance since this will be the first time that he'll be left alone without Tony or Pepper with him. Not even Happy, his uncles, Nat or the other Avengers.

"I still need to consult your therapist though.." Tony frowns not liking his son's decision to go to a field trip knowing none of them are ready to let him go alone this soon.

"I'll be fine, Dad." Peter says more determine this time seeing Tony's hesitation.

"Dad.. please?" Peter then pulls off his best puppy dog eyes and pouting more than usual making Tony's frown deepen.