Chapter 5: The yule ball

Harry looked in the mirror to see if he looked alright, he was about to ask Cedric to the yule ball. He was hella nervous. Maybe he shouldn't. Or should he? What if Cedric said no? What if he'd emberrass himself? He decided to think about it until tomorrow. Now he needed to go get lunch. He was glad that Hermione finally talked to him again. He also was going to come out to her. Harry finally admitted that he was bisexual.

At lunch Harry tried to start a conversation "Hey Hermione, i- I think I have something to tell you, but do-, don't be mad okay" Hermione looked interested but also confused. "O-, okay so uhm, you know, I-" he started to tremble "oh fuck it, see I'm bisexual. I like girls AND boys, and I unde-" he was interupted by Hermione. "Would you kindly tell me something I don't already know." she said while laughing. "Wai-, wha-, so, so you, you don't hate me. HOLD UP YOU ALREADY KNOW. Can you like, idk, read minds or something ho-" again he was interupted by a laughing Hermione. "Oh come on you really thought I was this stupid, I knew it since 2nd year you idiot." Hermione was laughin really hard some people even looked over and Harry got embaressed. "So now are you going to ask out Diggory." she asked almost whispering. "Well yeah, I don't know. Do you think he even likes me?" Harry asked. "Absolutely, have you seen how he looks at you. Oh my god. He looks at you like he's gonna kiss you any moment. You NEED to ask him or I will personaly kill you." Hermione said. "Well, Voldy isn't gonna like that, don't you think" Harry joked around what caused the two to burst into laughter.

After lunch Hermione and Harry went torwards Cedric. Hermione pushed Harry so he'd be forced to talk to him.

"Hey, Ced didn't see you there. Is it okay if i call you Ced?" Harry was panicking but tried to play it cool. "Yeah of course, it's fine, do you need anything?" Cedric asked when he saw the nervous boy. "Uhm well, I wanted to ask if you, maybe like, wanted to go to ball with me?" Cedric seemed suprised by Harry's question. "Uhm, you're serious, do, do you mean as friends or" Harry didn't know what to say. "Honestly I thought we could be, you know, more than friends, but it's okay if you don't feel the same." Harry trembled he was scared that he just ruined the little bit of friendship they had. Cedric blushed a little then he went back to a serious face "So uhm, don-, don't get me wrong okay. I like you but I-, I don't know if I'm ready to come out, so if you want we can go as "friends" " Cedric stuttered. "So we go as friends to the ball, okay" Harry said happy but at the same time a little dissapointed. As Harry wanted to walk away Cedric grabbed his hand and pulled him into a tight hug. "Was this what was bothering you the whole time?" Cedric asked with his usual soft voice. Harry sighed and hugged him back "Yeah kinda." he said happily.

"AS A FRIEND!!! HAVE YOU GONE MAD!!!" Hermione yelled at Harry as soon as they were in th common room. "Yeah he said he wasn't ready to come out yet but, I feel the happiest I've ever been" Harry talked about Cedric for a whole 40 minutes until Hermione got tired and went to bed. For the first time in a few weeks Harry could finally sleep well.

The day of the Yule ball

Harry was nervous even though they were just "friends" for now. They met infront of the Great Hall and went inside together with the other triwizard champions.  Some people gave us weird looks but Harry didn't care, Cedric on the other hand got really uncomfortable because of it. "It's okay" Harry whispered.

They started to dance, unfortunally Harry wasn't the best dancer and kept tripping. Cedric and Harry were laughing the whole time, they even forgot that everyone was staring. Harry looked into Cedric's eyes, they sparkled out of joy. He hasn't seen Cedric this happy in a while. Then Harry looked at Cedric's lips, damn he just wished he could kiss him right now, but they were at the ball as friends, Harry had to remind himself of that a lot. After the very awkward and embaressing dance, they went to grab a drink. While they were talking Zach, one of Cedric's friends came up to them. "Hey Ced, you and the chosen one huh? When did you plan to tell me?" he said. "Oh no, no no, Cedric and I are just friends, sorry to dissapoint you." Harry said quickly. "Oh, cool, I'm Zach by the way, I think we didn't really talk before." he introduced himself, "but don't forget to invite me to your wedding k." he continiued and then he walked away. Cedric chuckled a little bit and his face was red like a tomato. "Is he always like this" Harry asked. Cedric nodded his head. He got really shy. They spend the rest of the night talking and getting to know eachother better. "Thanks" Cedric smiled at Harry. "Thanks for what?" Harry didn't really understand. "Thanks for the best night of my existence (Twilight fans yk) I didn't have this much fun since the break-up" he answered Harry's question. "Break-up, you didn't tell me you had a break-up recently" "Yeah, I've dated Cho Chang for awhile. But she turned out to be homophobic, and I heard rumors that she only dated me because I was hot or some shit" Cedric seemed sad and angry at the same time. "What, how could you not love someone like you," Harry said in disbeliev "but I mean she isn't wrong, you do be kinda hot" he wgispered underneath his breath. "What, did you say something" Cedric must have heard him. Harry obviously denied it. Then they decided to go to bed.