Chapter 9: Broken

Cedric sat next to Harry in the hospitalwing for about for hours. He's been holding his hand the whole time hoping Harry would wake up. "Cedric, you really should go eat something" Hermione said. "I'm not hungry" Cedric mummbled. Hermione went to the great hall for dinner.

A few minutes later she came back with two plates. "I brought you something" she knew how Cedric felt. "You liked him didn't you" she asked while they were eating. "Yes," Cedric sighed sadly, "and I regret not telling him earlier" he fought with his tears again. "Well I don't know if it makes you feel better, but he liked you too." Hermione hoped it would cheer him a little bit up. "Hmm I know, he made it a little obvious" Cedric chuckled a little still looking at Harry. "Come on don't act like you didn't make it obvious" Hermione teased him. " wait was it really that obvious" "Yeah kinda, I knew it from the first moment, just the way you protected him at the quidditch world cup, but Harry well, let's say we all know why he isn't in Ravenclaw" Hermione smiled but went back to a sad face immediatly. "If I ever see this Wormtail again I'll kill this stupid rat." Cedric promised himself. Hermione told him that he should go to bed now but he wanted to stay for a while. "Okay, whatever" Hermione mumbled when she left. "Goodnight Hermione" Cedric said.

Cedric must have fallen asleep next to Harry because the next day he got woken up by Madam Pomfrey. "Mr. Diggory, wake up." she said softly. Cedric needed a few moments until he realized where he was. "Oh my god I'm sorry, I think I fell asleep last night" he was truly sorry. "Ah no worries, you are a great friend, you know that?" she said while tapping his shoulder. "Also I have good news," she said "the odds look good that he might wake up within the next two days." Cedric smiled bright. He ran out to tell Hermione but he remembered that he doesn't know the passwort. So he decided to send her a letter with an owl. 

*two das later*

He was sitting next to Harry again and kept holding his hand. He started losing hope because according to Madam Pomfrey he should have woken up already. He was holding his hand tight and whispered:" Hey buddy, come on. I need you. I love you, I always will." He started to cry and broke down once again. While Cedric broke down his friend Zach came in. "There you are, I've searched the whole school for you" his friend said, when he saw Cedric crying he came over to him and gave him a hug. "Hey, it'll be okay, I promise" Zach said calmly. "No, it won't" Cedric said still crying. "I know it hurts Cedric, but you can't just shut everyone out" Zach understood Cedric but he was really worried about his friend. "Why can't you just leave me alone" Cedric hissed at him and stood up to go away, because he didn't want to be confronted with his feelings to Harry. Zach was suprised, usually Cedric was not like this. "Cedric Diggory you talk to me right now. You can't just always run away from your problems. Stop ignoring me." Zach was a little pissed. "Just leave me alone okay. You can't help everyone Zach" "What's going on with you that's not the Cedric I met in first year. Don't you see how you are slowly losing yourself. Just talk to me, I won't leave you alone" Zach was near to crying. "I loved him okay. And I can't live with the fact that he might be dead. Because of me. He died for me and it kills me inside. Is that what you wanted to hear?" Cedric stood infront of his friend and had tears in his eyes. Zach was shocked, he expected everything but that actually suprised him. "Why didn't you just tell me. I- I'm so sorry." he stumbled. He walked to Cedric and hugged him. Cedric broke down in his friends arms, he felt so bad for yelling at him.

They went back to the hospitalwing where Hermione was sitting next to Harry. She was talking about her day and about how much she missed him. Zach wanted to say something but Cedric stopped him. Hermione seemed like she didn't notice them. Cedric just stood there looking at Harry and Hermione, Harry still didn't wake up but he seemed to understand every word Hermione said. At one point Cedric walked to Harry he sat down on a chair and held his hand again. His hand felt different than before, it used to be cold as ice, but now it felt warm. Cedric looked at him, he put his other hand on Harry's head and started stroking his hair. Suddenly Harry started mumbling something. Cedric and Hermione looked at each other smiling. "Harry." Cedric's heart was beating way faster than it should. "Cedric?" Harry whispered with a weak voice. "Hey how do you feel?" Cedric asked softly while he was holding Harry's hand super tight. Harry took a deep breath and then said:". . . hungry." Cedric chuckled. "Great then we'll maybe get Cedric to eat too" Zach said from the back of the room. Him and Hermione went to the great hall to get them food and to tell Dumbledore that Harry woke up.

"God Harry, I thought we said nothing stupid." Cedric said when they left. "It wasn't stupid, I saved your life dumbass" Harry answered smiling "but I have a question" he continiued.            "Yes" Cedric said interested. "well when I jumped infront of you and I fell in your arms, you said you-, you loved me. Did you actually mean it?" Harry asked scared of the answer. Cedric laughed a little wich left Harry in visible confusion. "Hell yes I did. You can't believe what I've been going through" Cedric answered. Meanwhile Hermione and Zach came back, but Harry and Cedric didn't really care. Cedric came closer to Harry until just a few inches seperated their lips. "Harry James Potter, I love you" Cedric said looking deep into Harry's eyes. Then he kissed him. "This should've been our first kiss" Harry said after they broke apart. "Wait, so you're telling me you two already had your first kiss?" Hermione asked in shock. "You didn't tell her about it?" Cedric asked. "Nope" Harry answered blushing a lot now. So Harry and Cedric just starred at each other without saying anything just trying not to laugh. Damn, I would do anything for this bloody idiot, my idiot, Cedric thought. Then Dumbledore came into the room. You could see the relief in his eyes once he saw Harry. "Harry, I am so, so sorry. I put you in so much danger this year, I shouldn't have let you compete. You almost died, twice and it was entierly my fault." Dumbledore started apologising. "Don-, don't worry about it professor, in the end it also had its good side" Harry said smiling at Cedric. Dumbledore smiled when he looked at Cedric's hand holding Harry's. "Well then I'll leave you alone again" he said walking out. "Professor, wait. How did Harry even survive the attack?" Cedric asked. Dumbledore explained that Harry is one of Voldemort's Horcruxes and with killing Harry Wormtail only killed the Horcrux inside him. "So I basically had a bonus life? And no one told me?" Harry asked after Dumbledore finished.        "Well at least he didn't kill the sass inside you" Cedric said lauging.

A/N:                                                                                                                                                                                              I definetly didn't cry at all while writing this. Also I've created a hedric playlist on spotify it's called: "should've been hedric not deadric" so if you want you can listen to it. also I will write one or to chapters so it's not finished yet. AAAAAAAND thx for 70 reads