Chapter 4

Mew and I entered the creamy-furnished cafeteria. The morning sun shone through the glass windows, and unlike at other times, the hall was peaceful, with many empty tables surrounding it, still fresh and tidy with only a couple of students seated.

I wasn't sure what it was about Mew, but as friendly as he sounded a moment ago, he was quite quiet and didn't appear to be at ease as we came in. He didn't say anything till we took a table on the corner.

"Do you actually screw up your presentation?" He asked quietly, his gaze fixed on the menu on the table.

"It is correct... I just couldn't seem to find the heart." I responded, mildly impressed that he had actually heard my ranting outside.

"Why? Aren't those supposed to be significant?" He inquired, drawing his sleeves up to his elbow.

"It was crucial," I moaned. "It was my ticket out of town as well. I suppose we all make bad mistakes from time to time."

"Hmmm, if that's the case, perhaps you should utilise your thinking more than your emotions." He spoke it in a low, deep voice, as if he were giving advice to his juniors. "Anyway, what should I get you?"

"Um, simply coffee will do." I said

As Mew continued to place our orders with the waiter, I surreptitiously gazed at him, and the more I looked, the more I realised how tidy and trim he was in appearance, and how handsome he appeared in his black sweatshirt.

"So, why don't you wear uniforms?" I asked when we'd be alone and cautiously altered my position to avoid staining my white uniform shirt from the table.

He looked at me with wide eyes. "Do you think I seem like a college student?"

"Are you not? So, what do you do on a daily basis outside of college?" I was perplexed.

"I have some business to attend to. It's also entertaining to hang around here. It reminds me of something." He responded amusingly.

"What kind of business? Are you an alumnus? Or perhaps you're pursuing a doctorate." I inquired, and he laughed quietly. I note how handsome he appeared as he laughed with his face straight.

"Do I really look that young?" He inquired.

"Well, obviously, you don't appear to be thirty. I wouldn't be surprised if you're a student here, even if you do appear to be fairly old for a college student, but PhD works ".

He curved up the corners of his lips in reaction to my statement, conveying his presence even more with his small motions. "You have a lot of thoughts, don't you? And, obviously, there are no filters." He looked about lovingly.

As our coffees were set on the table, I cast a quick glance at him. "I observed that... You're actually dodging my question," I pointed out, to which he chuckled again and his face brightened up.

"My siblings are in college here, so I'm keeping an eye out for them. And some of my friends work here as technical staff, so I'm merely helping them in the hopes of getting a job soon." He elaborated. "You see, I have a soft spot for my siblings... look at me, I'm already accepting blame for what happened to you." He kept joking, but I couldn't deny the sincerity in his tone.

"Perhaps I'm just that likeable then," I shrugged, and he sniggered, shaking his head no. "You're actually quite obnoxious."

"But you like me enough to buy me coffee." I joked at him, and this time he agreed with a smile. "How is Yu?" I asked hesitantly, and his face contorted in confusion, possibly wondering how I knew his brother's name. "Grace...she told me last night about Yu," I added.