Chapter 7

A sound so familiar like a whistling of a kettle woke me up. I opened my eyes to a dimly lit room, though it is daytime no one has opened the thick drapes. The aching in my head intensified and the alcohol from previous night was intoxicating, yet in the morning it adds to the nausea.

"He's trouble, dude". I heard someone murmur close but not too close. Shocked, I looked up at the ceiling; it was grey in color. I was not in my bed nor in my room.

And then it all came back to me. The night out with Mew, Chase and Selena, Mew kissing the girl and then the car ride. My car! I started panicking as tiny bits of my memory got recollected.

I remembered how Mew took me out of the club and I kept shouting how I was not happy with him. Fuck! Kanawut. Shame creeped into my veins as those flashback began to play like a movie without a sound. "I hate you!"

"Stop laughing at me. You think I have a crush on you or something? You were supposed to stand up for me in front of Chase!" Those were the words I have said.

I regretted indulging myself into drinks and embarrassing myself. For all I know, Mew could be hating me now. Was I being too obvious about my sexuality? The more I thought, the worse it felt and my stomach lurched and gurgled.

I got out of the bed I was sleeping on and rushed towards the door from where I could hear them talk and the first pair of eyes to locate me was Mew followed by the friend who was with him.

"You're awake" Mew recognised my presence.

"I, I, ..." Shamem rocked my body as they stared at me. "...throw Up". That was the only word I could utter and hurriedly, they pointed me towards the adjacent washroom. I dashed inside, sat on the floor and emptied my stomach on the sink. My throat burnt while the scent of the alcohol gave me an agonizing headache.

"Are you okay?" Mew's concerning voice filled the washroom from behind as I tried to stand up. I raised my heavy eyelids halfway only for them to fall shut.

"Let me" Quickly, Mew held my arms and helped me stand up and splashed cold water on my face, perhaps to help me feel more refreshed. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have taken you out to drink". He said regrettably and that punched guilt into my stomach. If there was anyone to blame, it was me.

"Don't say that. It already makes me feel bad". I said, feeling slightly better as he held my arms with one of his hand and supported my back with his other hand.

"I got you some juice on the table". He said as we went out of the washroom together. " If you want some hangover pills, I can get for you".

"No..no.. I'm perfectly fine."

"Let me know if there's anything you need" He said putting me down on a couch and in front of it, was a table. There were lime juice, apples, banana, milk and perhaps an oral re-hydration solution.  It all looked too good to be true; the amount of care he has to offer but it didn't reduce my shame.

"I'm really sorry for the trouble. I should've known better". I sullenly mumbled out unable to meet his eyes.

"Ehh, it's okay. It's nice to try new things sometimes. Just don't do it again if you think it's bad."

"Hmm... I think I should go. My parents must be worried about me." I said drinking the solution quickly and looked at Mew; admiring the charismatic personality of this man. "Thank you for everything." I added sincerely.

His lips curved into a smile. "By the way, your mother called" He said. Of course! She must have. "I told her you're sleeping at a friend's place." He continued.