Chapter 5: The Caper pt 1

(Y/N) Pov, night of the charity event

It wasn't often I found myself so nervous. But tonight was different. My hands trembled as I stared into the mirror. The face looking back at me was paled and covered in dread. I tried applying more makeup to cover my fear but it never seemed to be enough. My dressing room had never felt so small, as if the walls were closing in.

I struggled into my costume, Paula quickly took to my side as the door slide open,
"Hey we're places in 10 minutes- woah what's wrong your shaking like a leaf!"

"I'm just a bit nervous." I stumbled avoiding her gaze.

"You know this show like the back of your hand you're going to be great out there!" She reassured me helping me with the frays on my sleeve.

"I'm not worried about the show but.. it's just that the after party. What if I don't know what to say? What if no one wants to talk with me? All those people... and all the tabloids are here.  I'm just so worried I'lldo something dumb and they'll all hate me."

"(Y/N), there's no need to worry okay? Just take some deep breaths. I'll be there too okay? If the time comes and it's too much for you we can leave. And if the tabloids try to capture you badly I'll just punch the camera guy!"

A soft smile covered my face,
"You're the best Paula.."

"See now you're making sense! Here I'll help put your mic on."

~

Graham Pov

I stared out at the Dublin playhouse before me, it's oak exterior adorned with stained glass casting bright light onto the pavement. Rows of columns help up the entrance lovingly decorated with strings of light. The crowd surrounding the theatre was massive and each dressed lavishly, taking turns posing for press photos.

"Well Graham you're certainly not in the outback anymore." I thought grinning.

I wouldn't need to complete my mission until after the show, when the after party started and I could get close to my target. I pulled out my forged ticket tucked in the pocket of my suit jacket.

"Alright mate this is it. Show time."

Getting in the theatre was a breeze, just a quick charm at the security woman when my ticket wasn't scanning and Ol' Crackle was good to go.

The theatre lobby was massive, overcrowded with gowns and blokes chatting before the play began. Chandeliers hung on the ceilings above as service staff tried to appease the wealthy crowd below.

I snuck into the back and began making my preparations for the heist. Rewiring the circuits, timing the blackout for my escape, and securing my exit route.

"And all with 5 minutes to spare." I smirked clinging to the walls. 

I pulled out the tear of paper from my pocket when I was back in the clear,
"I'm coming for you soon (Y/N)."

~

The prop gun quivered in my hand as the actor across from me fell at the blast,
"Red really isn't your color darling."

The audience gasped as I neared the 'body' of my victim,
"Oh poor poor Bill... you always were dragging me down you know?"

I exited to stage left and was greeted by an anxious Paula,
"Bad news..."

"What? What's wrong? I need to get back on stage after the dinner party scene."

"Security says someone got in the theatre... they think they could be going for that Britney O'Reilly with all the jewelry. But there's security looking right now."

"God.. do they know what the perp looks like?" I spat.

Of course this would happen... tonight was to important not to fail.

"No, the security cameras got dewired. They only are guessing because a light tech said that someone got in the electrical room and it was locked. But all of stagecrew swears it wasn't them. We would stop the show and have everyone leave but these rich people are demanding to stay! They don't see how much they're in danger. Since we only are speculating someone got in..."

"Well I guess I'll just have to give them a performance of a lifetime to make them forget." I gulped.

~

The stage had gone from my safe heaven to somewhere strange and foreign. Someone was in the theatre. What if they find me? That night... the night everything changed came rushing to my head, covering my thoughts and blocking my mind.

I remembered how the sweat dripped as 'Vinny' pulled my arm tight. I remember the strange blue liquid floating in the syringe.

But I also remember him.

I paused peaking out from behind the curtains,
"No it can't be.. why would he be here?"

In the dim shadows of the theatre I could make out a knowing smirk with waves of messy brown hair.

It was too dark to tell if it was really him but, I looked at the stage beneath me, but
"You can do this (Y/N)... just go out there and finish this show off with a bang. Do it for him.. do it for yourself.. do it for all the nights you've spent working to get here. Own that stage.. just like you were born to."

~

Graham pov

"Crikey..."

She had been great the whole show.. but when she came out for that final scene she was on fire.

It was like watching a storm, terrifying but alluring, beautiful.

I clapped so much I thought my hands were going to bloody break.

For a moment I thought I could see her look at me and smile. And for a moment vile, thievery, and crime flew away. For a moment we weren't strangers, for a moment we were something more.

First part of the caper storyline is done baby!!! Honestly I am having so much fun writing this story it's crazy XD Next chapter OUR SHIP IS GOING TO REUNITE BABYYYYY and thats when the real spice BEGINSSS get hyped I know I am! Tysm for reading!!