Chapter 12: The Test pt 2

(Y/N) pov

The library was gorgeous, walls covered in books and old oak, accompanied with marble flooring, antique paintings lining the empty space. I was actually a little overdressed, but there's no harm in that. My job was to blend in, and eventually create a distraction so vile could but time to get away, and I could plant a decoy book. A smug smile crossed my face as I rehursed the plan in my head,
"I-I shouldn't be this happy I'm only doing this to get away from vile. Come on (Y/N) focus!"

It didn't take long before I wiggled my way into a conversation with a group of Shakespeare junkies. They were all young, collage age and were debating which plays were best. I could tell from their accents they weren't from here, Italian perhaps? They also had vip access passes, right I the front. If I managed to get in with them I'll be close enough to the book to create a distraction and plan a decoy. The perfect opportunity to blend right in. I only need to get close with one- then the group will accept me. I grabbed a glass and made my way towards them.

"Although I do agree Romeo and Juliet is a classic, I just find more entertainment in King Lear."

"Please, if you want entertainment read Cymbeline!" He took another swig of champagne. There were 6 of them in total all blabbing except for one more quiet guy in glasses and a sweater. My ticket in.

"Oh cry me a river! You just like it because you did it in highschool."

"What about Titus Andronicus?" I smiled, "Or Richard III? You can't tell me they aren't slept on!"

"Finally someone with good opinions!" The guy in a knit sweater smirked, "What's your name?"

"Maria Inglis at your service."

"Pleasure to meet you Maria, I'm Anthony Caloni, we're here from Bologna University."

~

Graham pov

After changing into the electrician's uniform and hiding the poor mate's body in a closet I was off to work. I rerooted the electrical fairly quickly, my only concern was how old it was,
"Last time this was updated I wasn't even alive."

All the hardware was bruised, covered in dust, busted up. My guess is that electrician I took out must of been terrible at his job. Hopefully it can make it through one more night. Maybe I could check on (Y/N)? No I would only mess her up. I sighed setting down my rod,

I called into the team,
"Electrical is ready to go mates. I'll wait for your signal."

"Took you long enough they're almost unveiling the book," Tigress groaned, "you better hope that little dove of yours does her job. She's talking to some book nerd right now. She better knows what she's doing."

"I have complete faith in her. La Chévre, El Topo you in position mates? "

"Yes mon amie,  we're together ready to go."

"Then it's showtime." I smiled.

(Y/N) pov

My heart began to beat faster as I listened to my fellow operatives conversation. I wished I could respond, maybe talking would calm my nerves but I couldn't blow my cover,
"Hey guys I'm gonna go grab my bag before the unveiling."

"I'll save you a seat."

"Counting on it," I stepped out, Tigress was supposed to plant my decoy bag in the last stall of the bathroom.

I slammed the door open only to see a girl sobbing in the corner  blocking  my stall crap,
"Hey are you alright?"

"Huh?" She turned around to see me, "I'm so sorry I was just leaving!" She scrambled her way halfway across the bathroom before I stopped her.

"Rough day?"

"My girlfriend is moving, I just don't know if I can handle long distance-but I don't want to break up. She's so stressed right now. "

"Is she here tonight?" I smiled.

"Yeah- I left because I don't want her to see me cry. I don't want her move to be ruined because of me!"

"You love her?"

"With all my heart."

"Then you'll find a way, love always does. Tell her how you feel, she'll want you to be honest." I sighed, "Even if she does move, that doesn't mean the connection between you is gone."

"Thanks- I really needed to hear that. You're really good at relationship advice."

"Nevee been in one, must of learned from the outside. You better hurry up though unveiling is happening any moment now."

She smiled and rushed out of the bathroom. Soon I heard a ringing in my ear,
"You're not in your spot dove hurry!" Tigress shot.

"Don't worry I'm just fashionably late- ran into a little detour."

~

Graham pov

"Crackle, they've got the book out. You're time to shine."

"Lights out baby." I smirked turning the switch, it was always such a rush, "you guys have 5 minutes I'll pretend to be fixing it if someone comes back here hurry!"

A sadness lingered in the dark, a haze crossing my mind, a slight numbness, as she entered my thoughts. I couldn't help it I cursed myself for getting so attached. She probably wishes she never met me,
"Be safe dove."

(Y/N) pov

I sighed as the lights flickered before completely going out.

"I'm sorry ladies and gentlemen technical difficulties- the lights should be back on soon and we will continue the program. In the mean time remain seated."

El Toppo and La Chévre were probably getting the book now as Tigress covers them, I held the strap of my bag,
"Hey I'm getting a little dizzy- Anthony could you ask the program director up there to see if there's anywhere I could lie down?"

"Of course but don't you want me to stay with you if you're not feeling well?"

"I think I'm going to grab some water but thanks anyway! Plus I'm sure your friend's will be just fine helping me."

The guilt burrowed in my chest, lingering there,
"It's for your freedom (Y/N) there's no going back now."

Obligatory sorry for the wait, and this one isn't my best work but I tried y'all I really did the finale the Test chapter will be next (pt 3!) Let me know what you think will happen next ^^