Chapter 9: The Preparation

(Y/N) pov

~

"Well Dove, welcome to vile."

"Pleasure" I smirked clinging onto my breath, "oh my God this is actually working.."

"Crackle you show her around. The rest of you can get back to work." Brunt spat, "Well! Get a move on."

The other vile operatives each shot me a look before filing out of the room. Did they hate me? No-no I'm not going to let myself get worked up about that.

I followed  Crackle, as I eyed the halls of vile. Everything was sleek, modern certainly must of cost a fortune. But still there was a darkness that lingered too, something cold and unrelenting. I felt like I was being watched from every corner.

Graham led me outside the vile building, the blinding tropical sunlight beaming in my eyes. If vile had one thing  going for it, it was beautiful,
"Well mate.. you did it."

"Yeah-yeah I did." I paused, "How the hell did that actually work?"

His face turned into a soft chuckle,
"I guess your just that good mate or I'm your good luck charm."

"Or you're just that bad." I teased he actually looked kind of sad, "I'm joking I'm joking."

"But did you really mean what you said in there about me being handsome?"

"That answer is classified."

"So its a yes." He smirked, "Knew ya liked what you saw mate. I'm irresistible. "

"Its classified because I don't want to hurt your fragile ego, now can you please show me around this place?"

"Okay okay.. follow me birdie."

"Don't call me that-its dove."

"Alright alright don't get your feathers in a bunch mate." He smirked, opening a door leading to another hallway.

"Thanks cracker."

"Its Crackle!"

~ meanwhile, 3rd person pov

"Well what do you think of her?" Tigress groaned unable to focus on her workout.

"I don't know what to think mon amie, she seems fine but I don't get why the faculty are letting her go on capers already."

"I agree, she's good yes, but it does seem unfair." El Topo chimed in, "Maybe she's a famous criminal or something and they're just not telling us? If she can help vile I guess its ok."

"I'll just have to do some further investigation to see what's really going on with the little birdie. This kitty would just love to tear off some wings." She smiled her thoughts twisting in her mind.

~

Graham pov

"Well there you are mate, a complete tour of vile academy. Happy?"

"Very much so cracker, now about this Greenland caper they were going to send me on-"

"Never quite satisfied are we?" I teased, "Come on let's go back outside and I'll tell you everything I know."

"Why do you wanna go outside so much?"

"Your hair looks pretty in the sun-just kidding I just don't want anyone to overhear us."

"I hate you." Her eyes shifted as we got outside, the sunlight beaming through her hair. I got mesmerized by it for a little too long, "So how do I get out of this alive?"

"Well, last thing we want is vile hunting you so, how do you feel about faking your death?"

"Death! Can't we just pretend I got caught or something?"

"Then they'd come back for you and erase your memory, vile doesn't like loose ends. You know too much. Sorry love its the only way." Her face scrunched up, all of her emotions rushing through at once, "(Y/N)-"

"I'm never going to be able to act again am I? They would find me."

"I'm-I'm sorry (Y/N)." I laid my hand on her shoulder, "But I'm sure you can figure out something else. I thought you knew."

"You don't understand Graham. God why was I so stupid? Being on the stage is my whole life. I just had to go talk to you that night. I just had to be there when you were getting recruited.. and I just had to be there with you why didn't I run?" She raised her voice before letting it shatter to the ground.

"I know it's a lot to take in but we need to focus on planning this caper or you'll never going to get out of vile at all!" I paused, "I guess you'll just have to be a disgusting thief like me right mate? I didn't have to help you that night.. and I could have just let Vinny get you too! I know you hate me but-"

I looked down at her, her cheeks stained with tears, her arms shaking every so slightly, her voice distant,
"I don't hate you Graham. I'm sorry I got a head of myself, you didn't mean for this to happen either."

"(Y/N) I'm sorry too. Just please sit down your shaking and I'm getting worried mate."

She sat on the ground and took a few breaths,
"I get flustered easily. But now that we've gotten the emotions out of the way, we really should be working on the caper. Time isn't exactly working with us."

"Thats my girl, I know it's like a library- but with old and valuable books. Normally we wouldn't have trouble stealing from a place like that but are bringing in some rare Shakespeare book for display- bound to be worth a fortune. And of course there's a fancy event to go with it, that's probably where the faculty wants you."

"Shouldn't something like that be in a museum?" She smirked.

"Afraid that's not the vile mindset mate."

"Guess I shouldn't have asked, well what do I need to know how to do for the caper?"

"First I'm going to need to teach you basic thievery- then probably some workout training, then we can figure out your escape. We have to make it look like you know what you're doing and something just went wrong."

"Well what's the timeline a month? Two?"

"Just shy of 3 weeks I'm afraid." I crossed my arms, "If you don't think you can do it they'll be other capers."

"I can do it Graham. I got this far I'm not letting go now."

Sorry for the wait y'all!!! Hope you enjoy and get ready for some training next chapter~