I love You

It hurts-

Everything hurts.

I can't feel my arm.

Giyuu tried to move his right arm forward to try and reach out for someone. But who-

No-

No, that's not right. If it's gone then Kocho can't-

Kocho can't hold my right hand like she used to.

"Kocho.... " He muttered weakly.

She's gone.

He tried again to reach out to where she would usually be waiting for him. Only to have a butterfly land on it.

Back then when he gets injured, Shinobu would immediately come looking for him so that she would be the one to treat him. She would jab him with insults at how careless he can be and how disliked he is.

But he knows that she's only covering up her worries as her actions contradicts her words.

There are days where he falls into oblivion and wouldn't wake up until a few days later, Shinobu would wait by his side until he opens his ocean blue eyes that she fell in love with. She would hold his hand and tell him stories of her childhood certain that he won't even hear it or remember any of them.

But he does, he would wake up, suddenly hearing Shinobu's soft voice and he remembers how her hold on his hand would tighten. He wouldn't dare to open his eyes if it means having her talk and laugh with no restraints.

T̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ a̶r̶e̶ t̶h̶e̶ d̶a̶y̶s̶ w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ h̶e̶'s̶ c̶e̶r̶t̶a̶i̶n̶ t̶h̶a̶t̶ h̶e̶ l̶o̶v̶e̶s̶ h̶e̶r̶

Her laugh that he wouldn't be able to hear anymore.

He covered his eyes with his remaining arm when tears started to fall. His mind then recalled the faithful night Shinobu confessed to him.

"Kocho, did I do something wrong? Why do you keep ignoring me?"

"Why? Because I'm mad Tomioka-san!"

"Mad-"

"I'm mad because of the way you willingly gambled with your life for a demon girl that might-"

"It was worth it Kocho, my life isn't even worth that much."

"Well, your life...means a lot to me Tomioka-san. So live...live for me."

"Kocho....."

Then Shinobu kissed him.

Oh how sweet her lips tasted. The way he felt her smile into his lips when he pulled her into another one, wanting to never let her go.

The blissful feeling is too good to be true.

They would go simple walks through the fields, he would buy her different flowers for her to identify them, he doesn't listen most of the time as he was always mesmerized by her beauty.

He bought different kinds of tea for her to brew for them to drink every night, to which it always ends with Shinobu crawling to his lap, laying her head right where his heart is.

His heart that is beating for her.

She would then hug him while looking up to him with sparkling eyes waiting for him to return the embrace. He would wrap his strong arms around her tight, enveloping her in his warmth.

And now, he doesn't think he would be able to hold her like that again.

Giyuu smiled bitterly. "I thought you wanted...a future with me...right here?"