40

Please don't forget to smile, I would be devastated if you cry.

"People keep telling me that my smile is nice, seems like you can't tease me about it anymore."

Oh Tomioka-san~

Giyuu smiled sadly as he stared to the beautiful sunset. He envisioned her commenting about how the colors of the sunset compliment each other.

And they would have small banters here and there.

If he's lucky he might even ask her hand in marriage now that the demons no longer haunt humanity, now that he knows what was the meaning behind her words.

Isn't the moon beautiful Tomioka-san?

Well, now, he can only imagine.

He could still remember the announcement of her death. His eyes widened as tears threatened to spill. He's sure he heard his heart break and crumble apart.

But he steeled, he couldn't afford to have a breakdown there, not when Muzan is still alive and causing havoc, not when her soul might still be watching him.

But how can someone so elegant, so fast and so strong like Shinobu fall at the hands of a demon-

Oh how many times he had asked the Kakushi to look for her body under all of that mess as he doesn't want her grave to be empty. Only for them to come back with pieces of her haori and her haori only.

There are times where he would feel her fingers poking at this sides in an attempt to get his attention. And out of habit, or longing, he would look to his left and right only to see no one.

There are times where he couldn't help but wonder: What if I turned around, what if I paid more attention to her, what if I smiled more around her, gave her the replies she tried her hardest to get from me?

Then maybe, just maybe-she would let me stay by her side.

"You seem to be in a deep thought you man."

Giyuu craned his head to where the voice came.

"I apologize for disturbing you, you look exactly the description of the man I have been looking for."

"Wha-"

"Ah! Where are my manners! People call me Shinrin."

The poor man didn't know what to do in this situation besides nodding his head and saying his name. He could hear Shinobu snickering at his expense.

Nonetheless the man, Shinrin, smiled and offered to treat him for a cup of tea.

Once they had settled the man made small talks with him to fill in the silence.

Few minutes later Shinrin pulled out a package wrapped in fabric from his long suitcase. He untied it.

"This, my friend, is a wooden arm for you. Though there are bits of machinery to make this prosthetic function like a normal-"

"I'll take it."

"Pardon me?"

"I'll take it, how much is it?" He could care less if he gets a new arm, what caught his attention was purple butterflies carved on it.

Purple butterflies. Purple like her hair pin. Purple like her.

The smile on Shinrin's face soften.

"Very well."

And just like that the limb fitted perfectly and comfortably. Shinrin chuckled at the sight of Giyuu retracing the butterflies.

"My products are top notch. But that's not what caught your attention, is it?"

It took an hour later for Giyuu to get used to how it works. He felt like his arm was never gone.

They had left the teahouse a while ago. But the man still had one last question for him, one that was lingering in his mind since meeting Giyuu.

"Tell me young man, do you love her?"

The question was unexpected but Giyuu didn't miss a beat in answering. A small smile appearing.

"Yes, I have loved her before I knew it, I still do."

"Then she's a lucky lady."

When they parted ways the Man turned to the path that Giyuu took. He eyed the purple butterfly following him.

"I hope you find happiness in the next life Tomioka Giyuu, Kocho Shinobu."

A hundred years later.....

A young man in his 20's stretched out his hand to a beautiful young woman in front of him to introduce himself.

"Tomioka Giyuu"

The woman smiled sweetly with a hint of amusement as she stared at his right arm that was tattooed with purple butterflies that looked like her hair pin. Eventually she shook hands with this handsome but adorable man.

"Kocho Shinobu"