A Journey - 3 - Kagaya and Amane

“…I deeply—”

“I’m sorry about—”

“Oh! Please speak first-“

“No no You first-“

“But-“

“Please speak first-“

A round of silence, they stared at each other. At their eyes, Kagaya longed for her the gaze only she had, a single flutter of her eyes had been enough for him to cherish her more. Amane couldn’t shake the thought that they’ve met before, not in that silly little park, with silly little him suddenly giving her flowers, not with that….

Silly little smile of his…oh no he’s doing it again- look away! Don’t- look away now!-

He showed her his smile, a vulnerable one, for her. It was contagious that she couldn’t help but return one too. He looks like he's going to kiss her-

Was it because he was leaning too close? “Then if you don’t mind, I deeply apologize for my actions, from back at the park and…from a while ago.”

“Don’t apologize, I actually…lik- I loved the flowers, they reminded me of you. A-and the kiss- uhm-“

“If it helps you better…”

‘You’re gonna give me another one…?’

“You can forget it, I wouldn’t want you to be uncomfortable.”

‘Oh, ah I feel sad.’

Kagaya titled his head. “Unless you want another one, I already offered a while ago-“

He seemed genuine about it. Why does she feel so flustered about this? She had countless people who would try and court her with their cheeky pick up lines, but this was the first time her face was redder than a red spider Lily.

Was it really the first?

“W-would that offer be open tomorrow?” She finds herself asking, there was a sense of familiarity between them, like a missing puzzle still fitting in no matter how long it has passed. Maybe that’s why she doesn’t mind this kind of banter.

“It will always be open for you and you only.” And that…eased her heart for some unknown reason. It’s not as if she’s jealous about a stranger’s love life-

But she still felt rather shy. That’s another first. “Thank you…but please don’t change the subject…about what happened today..”

Her voice trailed off, seemingly trying to find the right words to say. He took this time to recollect on what the fuck did he just tell her and calm his beating heart. He wasn’t one to be so straight forward. That was her. She was the one who would pull him in and he’ll always fall. She was the one who would outright tell him that she’ll give him a reward for staying alive from time to time.

And she would say it right infront of their kids, the kakushi or even one of his Hashira children. 

“I loved the flowers, my mother would always change the water, then I tried buying more of the same arrangement but it ‘didn’t feel the same’…according to her…the kiss too…it felt..weird at most? But it felt…warm atleast?” Amane continued, stringing together words.

Oh but his heart just wouldn’t stop. 

“Are the flowers and the kiss are the only ones you like?”

“Well of course, I like you too. Even if we just met months ago or something, you seem very polite and likeable.” She was genuinely thoughtful about that answer.