05

Five | Pente

Previously on Epiphany;

Eveline stayed at Harry's, but in reality they spent the whole the night talking and learning more about each other, even if they were small, little things. Hours passed when Eveline remembered she actually has to go to the university, so Harry takes her to a coffee shop for a breakfast, to her house to take her books and to her university, where they say goodbye and share a few more stares and promises to eventually meet again.
-
"It was fun, we should definitely do it again." He smiled.

"I have your number and you have mine, anyway, whenever I have free time I'll text or call you or something?"

"Yeah, that'd be nice. I hoped I wouldn't have to text you every time I was free only to hear you tell me that you have to study, to be honest."

They cross kissed, they said a couple of times "okay, see you later", "yeah bye", "kisses", and then she stood up from her seat and left. She didn't look back until a few minutes later when she knew Harry wasn't close to her, and smiled to herself.

...

The days passed before any of them realised it. At first they hadn't talked for the rest of the day, then the next day, and the next day, and then it was weekend. And a second weekend.

You would've thought that Harry forgot Eveline, or that Eveline forgot Harry, either way. That's not the case, though. It's just that their lives got in the way, both too busy, and when they had free time, no matter how easy and quick it was to send a simple "hey" to the other, they cared about other things.

Harry, for instance, cared about recording his new songs. It wasn't easy, he had to sing them over and over again until he'd hit the perfect note, and when he did, he would decide he didn't like that part at all, and he would change it until he made the perfect song. Or solo. The other boys were recording, too, the same difficulties for all of them.

Fortunately, they didn't have to go through what they got through back to their first five years of being in the band. Their management was the worst, always trying to find new ways to earn money; but the boys couldn't do anything, they had a contract that when they first signed it, they didn't know exactly how big they were going to get, and they had to wait.

They waited. Five years, until they decided to find new ways by themselves, and not to earn money, but to change management in the most legal way. Harry started it, him being social and all that, and that led him up to meet Arznoff, a lawyer that had helped another band change their management.

Slowly, they made it. It took them almost two years, but they made it, and they were now their own managers, they decided for themselves, they chose where they would go, what they would do, who they would talk to, if they wanted to change something they would change it. Everything was better.

They didn't have to write songs while being on tour and they didn't have to record them while being on tour, which then meant they would only have a four hour sleep (maybe a bit more sometimes), they didn't have to return from their tour only to announce their new album, their new songs, their new tour, they didn't have to have only four free months before they would go to another eight month tour.

Yeah, everything was so much better now. They had been recording this album for a while now, almost a year. It would probably be their last one, or maybe not, no one was sure, not even them. They wanted it to be perfect, the best one of their albums so far.

Every melody, every lyric, every high note, every bass, every guitar, everything was from them.

When they changed management, they took a whole free year, and they promised each other to learn how to play an instrument. They wouldn't be a boyband anymore*, they wouldn't have to listen to thirteen and sixteen and twenty year old boys and guys that they weren't talented enough. That they weren't as good as Beatles, or Scorpions, or Metallica, or Guns 'N' Roses, etc., etc.

If this was indeed their last album, if this was their end, it would end in their way. No one else's. They wouldn't have to see any more people waiting for a fight between them, or one of them to go to a rehab, or to be killed, or to just be forgotten. No, this wasn't their case.

They were their own band, they were friends and no matter how many people didn't believe them when they said they were different, they were hoping this album would finally help them believe it.

Anyway, this album was being recorded for a little more than a year and they were adding their final touches. Or maybe they had to record one or two more songs - not the point.

The point was, that they were busy. All of them, and Harry, as well.

And that was the reason him and Eveline hadn't, in fact, "seen each other later" as they had promised two weeks ago.

A/N

*A boyband is not about a band of which the members were "boys". A boyband is when there is a group that only sings and doesn't play musical intstruments by themselves live. And no, Niall playing the guitar every once in a while, or Liam beatboxing doesn't change that.

Hey guys!!!

I haven't updated in 10 WHOLE DAYS, I'm so sorry, I'm slowly becoming one of those writers who post a new chapter every year. Lol, I won't be that kind of writer, I promise you that.
This chapter may seem that it's not important or that it's a filler, but it's not. You have to see more into the characters' lives, and I simply just started with Harry's, you'll probably see Eveline's later.
I hope I won't see any comments about them not being in the same chapter.. Anyway!

Did you guys liked it? Do you believe this is what One Direction will be in 8 years time? I think they'll be quite like this, as I've said before this story is mainly based on what I believe One Direction and Harry will be like in a few years, but seriously. Like, I'm trying to be as realistic as I can. If you don't agree, that's totally fine, and in that case just remember it's a fanfiction and it may not end like this. :)

Please don't forget to vote, comment, and share this story, it gives me strength to write more!

P.S. Sorry that it's so small :(

P.S.S. Check this page out {http://styholic.tumblr.com/links} and follow/talk/add (to) me if you want to!

Until next time,

Kisses, Marilli Xx