Prologue

Prologue | Πρόλογος

If you ever ask random people on the streets or at the mall or anywhere which thing they believe to be the most important in a human's life, most of them (if not all of them) would probably say health, or safety, or freedom.

I mean, there are probably very few people who actually live without it and have a normal life.

If you ever happen to meet Harry Styles, a twenty-six grown up man who makes money by singing his heart out, he will definitely answer that he wouldn't be able to live without love.

If he also has enough time and he doesn't have to talk to other fans or take more pictures or try to get as far away from the paparazzi, ask him more details. Quite frankly, he will look into your eyes and will start painfully slow to explain why people can't live without this powerful feeling that is called love.

Firstly, when he says love, he doesn't necessarily mean falling in love with a male or a female; love is so much deeper.

You can find it in the way the mother cries tears of happiness when she holds for the first time her child, in the way the father patiently helps his kid to finally learn how to ride a bike, in the way the parents are trying their best to have their daughter or their son or both as happy as he/she/they can be.

You can find it in the way your friend asks you if you're okay after you fall from your bike (because it's probably the first or second time you ride it without someone's hand on your back), in the way this other friend asks you how've you been and if there is anything bothering you when he sees you're a bit down lately.

People don't need to say "I love you" to feel it, there are so many synonyms of these three words that we experience everyday and we have no clue that we do.

It could be a simple "how has your week been", a "be careful", a "stop this, you're hurting yourself", a "text me when you get back home safely".

And of course, it could always mean falling in love. Of course. Everybody knows this kind of love. There is literally everywhere. In books, in poems, in songs, in movies, in drawings, in pictures, in videos. There is in a glance, in a touch, in a kiss, in a sound.

Harry knows; love is one of these feelings that you simply cannot define with words. Maybe with glances, or touches, or kisses or sounds, but love is not something that you will ever have enough knowledge to say what exactly is; you just feel it.

You see it in the way that one person looks at you, and you feel it in the way that one person touches you, and you hear it in the way that one person talks to you, and you get this feeling that warms your whole body, and mind, and soul, and heart.

You can't buy it and you can't try to feel it, it comes when you don't expect it and then your mind is a mess and then your heart and then your body and it destroys you, but it happens so peacefully that you don't mind it; You don't mind the consequences, because then everything feels right, everything is the way it was supposed to be from the start, everything is just perfect.

Harry is a person that expresses his feelings with words. Possibly singing them, but he is the one who writes what he sings (most of the times, anyway).

He has felt all the types of love but he has not been in love. He has not found the person who will wake up his heart, claim it as hers, and take all of it until there's nothing that could stay alive without some parts of hers.

Some people may find this kind of love toxic, possibly unhealthy.

But love is supposed to be raw, ugly, brutal. You don't want someone to "sorta" love you. You want that love to be a bursting flame.

Harry hasn't found that kind of love, yet. He can wait.

Α/Ν

First chapter is here finally! I've literally thought about this plot for ages and never got the chance to actually write it down, let alone publish it! Tell me your thoughts?

I probably have to warn you all, sometimes it's going to be f*cking boring, seriously. I just reaaally want it to be realistic, and you just need to be patient, you'll get to know the characters more, and maybe sometimes there will be some exciting stuff, but i don't know when, oops.

That's it seriously, I will probably update again soon because I'm literally too excited for you all to see what I'm thinking about this story, so don't forget to vote, comment and to put this in your library!

*Also dedication for the first ever chapter from my first ever story goes to my lovely friend @StylesBaee who also helps me whenever I have writer's block or not enough ideas. Please follow her