~The first post~

Social media. The only true communication the world has nowadays. The only platform that people can give likes, emoji's and even better: Comments. The platform where you don't know who your real friend's are or 'fake' friends.

Hi, my names Holly.

I never was allowed on social media when I was growing up. Even in my last year at secondary school, I was never allowed it. It was for my own protection really, my parents thought it was for the best and I eventually grew distant from he thought of having social media. 

However, there where days where I knew I missing out on stuff. The friends I had, already eighteen different types of social apps on their phones. Snap chat, Facebook, instagram, twitter, tik tok, Tumblr...I mean you get the just. They had a lot. 

I never knew what it was like to be popular. I never was popular and I don't think I ever wanted to be, not in secondary school anyway. I mean I was already labelled in my secondary school as an outcast. You see, I was bullied at a young age, since primary school and I thought after growing up more and then entering the world of secondary school, life would get better, but it got worse. 

I am not going into detail about how all the ups and down went for me, but I can tell you, all of them where lies. I started to think I was extremely lucky that I didn't have social media, as my bullying would of probably got worse. Actually, I know it would have gotten worse.  

I mean I'm saying I didn't have social media, I still had YouTube, but never had an account to post videos. YouTube was the only part of my day after school to escape the horrible reality of my life. I love music. I love singing, dancing and most of all acting. 

All I wanted to do was perform in front of a camera or on stage. I know, typical me...But I really dreamed f becoming an actress. I always shy meeting new people, but when on stage, I came to life. I became confident, fearless, I became myself.  

However, there was only one main reason why YouTube would always cheer me up every night after school. Now I know nearly most teenagers fantasise about celebrities that have seen or think that they are fit or good looking or whatever, but most teenagers nowadays have more than one 'celebrity' that they love or think about.

Although for me, I only had one. Mine was Tom Felton. Now, I know what you are all going to say. "You only like him because he played Draco Malfoy." or "You only like him because he is good looking." I mean I cant disagree with that statement, because I did obviously I did find Tom  attractive, but he was so much more to me than that. 

Tom had helped me through thing's that I can't even explain because they are so depressing, but I made I promise to myself,  if I met Tom one day, I would tell him why I loved him so much and why he meant so much to me, but that dream is very unlikely to happen...

I love Tom as a person, not because he played a bad boy in Harry Potter, even though his acting was incredible. I love Tom because he does so much for charity,  especially GOSH, which is close to home for me. I love the love and support he gives to his fans. I love his little dog Willow, she is so adorable and makes Tom so happy, which makes me happy, knowing he is happy. 

I love Tom because... "Holly, I need to talk to you. Can you come downstairs please?" My mothers calls me from downstairs, cutting me off from writing another sentence of why I love Tom in my diary. 

I run down the stairs, trying not to fall over as I am really clumsy, turning my body right to enter the kitchen. My mum and dad are both standing there, in the middle of the kitchen, both of their eyes on me. I had to think if I had done something wrong, or had forgotten to do something as I thought I was going to be told off. 

I looked up at them, they where both still staring at me. My anxiety started to creep up on me as I tried to breathe deep breathes to calm myself down. I wanted to break the awkward silence until my mum said, "Holly, your dad and I wanted to talk to you about something we both think your are suitable to have now. I mean we both have been talking about it for a few weeks now and I have came to the conclusion that you are now allowed social media."

I was so in shock, I think I missed nearly half of what my mum was saying. Was she really letting me have social media? After mum had stopped talking and I had finally came back down to earth, I started to get nervous. I mean I was excited, but because I had never had been allowed I didn't know what to do or how to really feel.

After about three hours after mum and dad both agreed with me having social media, I finally installed Instagram and I knew the first person that was going to be on my following list. I started to shake, my nerves where getting to me. I mean this was the closets I was ever going to get to Tom Felton. 

I was really nervous pressing the following button on Tom's page, but when I saw the first photo of him and Willow pop up, I just had a really good feeling about this...I mean I was never like Tom was actually going to see me follow him, he has so many other supports, there percentage of Tom actually seeing me on his following list was like 1%. 

I started to like loads of his pictures and then finally I came to the decision of my first ever photograph on instagram. I was so scared. I mean what would people comment? Would they even comment? What is nobody likes my picture? 

I was so overthinking this and my anxiety started playing with my mind, where I was so close to not posting a picture, but I fought through it.

I had finally posted my first ever photograph...

Holly_Mae: Hey

Holly_Mae: Hey. I am new to Instagram.  #NewKid