Immortal -J Cole

"You know she faked it"
"Of course she did the same girl that knocked someone out cold is having a panic anxiety whatever attack yeah right"
"Thats not a panic attack thats how girls act when you force them to deep throat"
One of the guards begins mimicking what is suppose to be a cross between a girl deep throating and a panic attack. I try to open my eyes wider to get a better look at the guards but my eyelids feel like bricks and my head is spinning. I look for the nearest bucket so I can force whatever medicine they put inside of me out. I don't find the bucket fast enough and instead throw up all over the sheets as I try to sit up. A nurse rushes in and looks at the sheets in disgust but I feel satisfied my dizziness is gone and I feel like I regained some control of my body. She gives me permission to take a shower and says she will keep me overnight because I threw up but I tell her theres no need. She ignores me and helps me out the bed. I take advantage of the fact that I can shower where there is real soap and hot water. Maybe I should stay one more night. I close my eyes and soak in this moment allowing the water and soap lather every crevasse of my skin. I used to love long showers, it was a time to gather my thoughts be alone and at one with myself. I bask in this moment because I know it wont come again for awhile. I should be faking injures just for the chance to use this shower to feel pleasure like this. The heat instantly relaxes my muscles and I fully regain control of myself. Right now this is my happy place.

I'm interrupted by a soft knock on the door, I knew it was too good to be true. I wash off the remainder of soap I have and put on the new hospital robe the nurse gave me. I lay on the bed and for the first time in months I am able to fall asleep right away. No racing thoughts or overthinking I am fully distracted by that amazing shower and I am able to sleep. The next day flies by but this time I take as long as I can in the shower. The minute I leave I instantly regret it, the walk back to by cell is filled with the yelling and screaming of inmates arguing and fighting. I drag my feet feeling the weight of each problem I had that I tried to forget in the 48 hours I was away. The guards were doing their routine verbal abuse but I just tuned them out, I just want to lay on my bed and go back to sleep. As soon as my butt touches the bed another guard tells me to get up.

"Is there a problem?" I ask confused.
"I said get up inmate"
"But why though?"
"I'm not going to ask you again GET UP"
"Am I being moved to another cell?"
"GET UP" She spits and I instinctively dodge her disgustingly impressive aim. I really hate this place and I am tempted to start arguing but instead I get up before she starts spitting more. She cuffs me and pushes me ahead of her and I almost trip but I keep walking following her lead behind me. She waits until we're all the way down the hall to tell me I have a visitor. But nobody ever comes to visit me so immediately think its a trap. I stop walking.

"What do you mean I have a visitor? Whats going on?"
"Exactly what I just said inmate"
"But nobody is registered in my log"
"Listen I don't work security don't ask me any questions before I bring you back to your cell"
I stand quietly but my whole body is tense, I am ready for whatever happens just in case. I keep walking thinking of the million ways this could go wrong. I'm looking at every exit to make sure I have some type of escape route just in case I'm outnumbered. I ball up my fist and clench my teeth making sure to walk as carefully as possible. Thankfully my hair is in braids so I don't have to worry about that. My head is so deep in my thoughts I don't realize that we were in the visitation room. The room looks like an interrogation room. There are 6 chairs but only two are filled. I scan the room looking for who could possibly be visiting me. The guard un cuffs me then goes to talk to the guard on watch. I walk further into the room and I see him. Our eyes make contact and I'm paralyzed.

"Michael?"
"Jordan"
Theres tears in my eyes as I look at his beautiful dimpled smile. The sparkle in his eyes fade as he sees my tears
"Don't cry baby" He hugs me and I cling on to his sweater inhaling his scent. He lifts me up a little and I hold on to him even more.