1. Careers

Secrets were never meant to be kept hidden

Ushijima found that out the night that he had finally let out the one secret that had been weighing him down.

He wished he never met Mei Hashi, the one girl that ruined it all.

But also changed it for the better.

3 Months ago..

She was now a successful, grown 23 year old woman. Y/n had found another thing that brought her happiness, her passion for modelling. She guessed it was meant to be when she only grew more and more each year. But her height was no match for the way she was meant to be in front of a camera. Her face had made it onto 3 magazine covers, and 20 magazine pages.

But her first and best happiness, all came from Wakatoshi Ushijima. He was there the whole way, supporting her every decision and being the best he could be. Of course he had his own job with Volleyball, but he made it his priority to be there whenever he could. Even if he was on his last bar of energy, he made it to her runway shows just to see her beautiful face in all its glory. He had never been more proud of his girlfriend.

They moved in together after high school, joining the same university, and rarely spending a night apart. But now that they were both travelling for their jobs, and sometimes had to spend their nights in hotel rooms, on the phone for hours just to hear their voice for the first time that day.

They were inseparable. Sometimes even teased by their friend for being so close, they were like an old married couple. Y/n's mother instincts really did show whenever Ushijima was home at the same time she was, she always took care of him. Even if he pleaded with her to let him do the caring, it was supposed to be balanced. But Y/n always found that she cared more, it wasn't bad though, Ushijima just needed rest.

"What are you doing, Ushi?" Her voice spoke through the speaker.

"Thinking of you." He said back as he stared at the ceiling, the phone laying beside him as he lay in bed.

"Me too." He heard her whisper, her soft voice making Ushijima smile. He missed her, so much.

Y/n was currently half way across the world for her job. She was shipped off with an hours notice of her whereabouts and how long she would be staying.

It was 3 weeks.

She spent every minute of her last hour snuggled up in Ushijimas neck, never letting him go. Literally. She hung off him, her arms and legs wrapped around his body as he did some housework. She cried at first, but then she just hung with red puffy eyes and the occasional pat on the butt from her boyfriend. He remembered her whining and hitting her head against the wall of their condo, cursing out her boss who noticed her too late.

"I don't wanna go!" He remembered her whine as she gripped his shirt, her manager being her best friend Aiya, trying to pull her out the door. He couldn't lie though, he wanted to do the same. But he was to proud to show his weakness, the moments she left him for her job. He wanted to cry too that day, but he couldn't bring himself to. But when he finally watched the car leave, her face squished up against the window as he blew a kiss, he felt the tears drop from their ducts. He barely slept that night.

"Are you going to bed soon?" He asked, curious as to why she wanted to stay up late to phone him. The time difference was large, 6 hours ahead of him and she was still up even though it was close to 2am for her.

"I think so. I wish you were here with me, you would love the aquarium here! They have seals and dolphins!" She exclaimed, her voice still soft, but the same voice he loved. She was in Vancouver, Canada for a runway show with her friend Alisa Haiba. He remembered meeting her once, she was taller than Y/n, but she wasn't even close with attractiveness. He couldn't bring himself to ever find another girl more attractive or interesting than Y/n, she was the only one for him.

"That's nice. We can go someday.." He trailed off thinking of her smile as she watched a seal do tricks for her. She was always excited to see animals, it was one of her favourite things.

"Of course.. I'll let you go now Ushi. It's bed o'clock and ya girl needs her beauty sleep." She laughed, and the sound echoing in his ears as he smiled softly.

"Okay. Goodnight. I love you, baby." He said and he heard her laugh again, probably out of embarrassment.

"I love you, Ushi. Goodnight." She said. He heard her soft breathing for one minute more before a long tone sounded, the call ending. He listened to the time for a minute more before shifting onto his side. Grabbing his phone he looked at the time, 7:42pm. He sighed and got himself up, heading over to the closet. Her taking up more space as his hands sifted over her many designer clothes, before they landed upon his. He grabbed joggers and a tight fitted zip-up.

He took his time changing, before he grabbed his earphones and grabbed his phone. He walked out of the bedroom and headed to the kitchen, preparing himself a pre-workout drink and grabbing his keys off the counter. Picking up a bag, he made his way out the door towards his car. His key starting the engine as he drove out of the lot towards his regular gym. When he finally got there, he was welcomed by his teammates and their trainer.

"Hey Ushijima-san!" Hoshiumi waved towards the tall man as he made his way into the room. The space occupied with all sorts of equipment and workout gear.

"Hoshiumi-san. Kageyama-san." He nodded towards his closer teammates. The two nodding their heads back before they got back to their conversation. Ushijima got himself ready, stretching out his muscles before they started with their training. The trainer was a largely built man, his arms decorated with tattoos and face with piercings. He always wondered why people would do that to their body, but he never judged having wanting one of his own some day.

The training was intense today for Ushijima. He always worked his hardest, and tried his best with their assigned training. He huffed out as he wrapped a towel around his neck and grabbed his bag, before he was stopped by Hoshiumi.

"Yo, the teams going out tomorrow night. You should come!" Hoshiumi said looking up at Ushijima who debated the invitation. He did have free time tomorrow, since Y/n wasn't home anyways and wasn't getting back for another 2 weeks.

"Okay." He said and nodded as his goodbye before he left. Almost regretting his decision as he got a bad feeling, he shook his head and tightened his grip on the wheel. The car revving the engine as he left the gyms lot. I guess he would just have to find out.