18. Another Mishap

TW: Mentions of drugging and sexual assault

The smile that made its way on Ushijima's face when he read her text, was the smile that his teammates hadn't seen for weeks. They all knew who made him smile like that, and they were happy for him.

"Team! Important meeting, gather around." The coach announced, the players dropping what they had and jogging over.

"We've got a game coming up. We're gonna be travelling, you know the drill. So i expect everyone to be clean here." The coach sternly said, pointing to each and everyone of the players.

"Yes, coach." The shouted and got back to what they were doing. Letting practice commence.

~~

Y/n:
i'm ready to forgive you.

Ushi:
tomorrow. 8pm. meet me at our restaurant.

He typed the message on his phone before dropping it back in his bag. Pulling his sweater over and heading out of the change room doors. His hands slightly shook as he thought all of what he was going to say to Y/n...

He took a deep breath, opening his car door and setting his things inside. He needed the drug test, it was easiest way to know what really happened that night. He didn't care about the game, all he wanted was the truth.

"You're back?" Mei suddenly popped in front of Ushijima, her hands full of chips and drinks. He cringed at the sight, haven't not touched junk food for months. Or wanting to even be around the woman.

"Yea." He sighed and shut the door behind him, heading towards the bedroom. Mei's clothes sprawled all over the place, her makeup and accessories taking over the dresser where Y/n's once were.

"No kiss?" She pouted, wrapping her arms around Ushijimas waist from behind making him freeze.

"Not right now." He groaned and tried to shake off Mei's touchy hands. His patience level
sky-rocketing.

"Please." She sounded like a child, burying her face into Ushijima's back.

"Get off." His patience absolutely gone, and his voice raised. He didn't want to deal with Mei whatsoever. He shoved her hands off of him, making her stumble back as she held a face of shock.

"Did you just hit me?" She shouted. Ushijima looked at her confused, his hands calm by his sides not having hit her once. Just a shove because she wouldn't respect his personal space.

"Hit you? Are you insane?" He asked as she teared up, her legs giving out beneath her as she fell on a pile of her clothes.

"Mei, you need to leave."

"What?!" She screamed, getting right back up and glaring at Ushijima.

"Leave, Mei. Right now-." The sound of her hand meeting his face froze him in a state of shock. Having never been hit before, not even once. He didn't know what to do as his head stayed turned to the side, looking at himself in the mirror on the dresser.

"You're a piece of shit." She screamed again, and hurriedly gathered her stuff while Ushijima stood watching her. Still not over the fact that she was the one who hit him.

"I can't believe I wasted my time with you. I didn't drug you for fucking nothing. Have a horrible life." She smiled smugly and dropped the key on the dresser.

He finally shook it off when he heard the door slam close, a picture falling off the wall and crashing to the floor. A wave of nausea hitting him as he finally got his answer. His hands shaking and chin trembling. His vision clouded over as he thought back to the night he met Mei, and slept with her. Against his will.