22. Beautiful Everything

10 months later...

Fidgeting with the loose skin of your palms, you waited for your best friend to walk down the aisle. The anxiety creeping up your spine as you listened to the faint wedding music in the background. Turning your head to the left, you saw the man that filled your heart.
His face painted with a flushed red, his feet shifting on the bare grass. You smiled faintly, just admiring the way he looked. His hands placed neatly in front of him. You didn't even want him to catch your eyes. Just looking at his candid face, the way his cheeks hollowed as he breathed in a quick breath. The way his jaw clenched as he waited.

But it didn't last long when he turned towards you. His brown eyes meeting your (e/c) ones. A smile playing on his pink full lips, the bottom just a bit fuller than the top. His brows furrowing a tad as you just stared at him. That was before your attention was turned to the from where she started to walk down, her arm linked with her fathers.

Yua Hatsume looked so beautiful, her long blonde hair pulled back into a bun. A white pant suit clothed her for her special day. A small tear running down her face as she silently laughed as you handed her a tissue. And that's when she walked in, her white dress vibrant against the wooden decor. Brushed out curls laying on her shoulders as she walked with her father, a white rose bouquet in hand.

Aiya Hanta was gorgeous. Her eyes brimmed red as she beamed a smile towards her fiancée-no-more. Her shaky hands reaching for Yua as she gave her bouquet to me. My hands squeezing hers for a moment before I let her go. Let her be married to the woman she loved.

But I didn't watch as they shared their vows, or finished it off with a kiss. I watched him. As our eyes stayed locked with each other's, his orbs gleaming under the bright sun. My cheeks flushing as my lips parted in a smile.

"I now pronounce you, wife and wife. You may kiss your bride." The priest announced. His hearty laugh louder than most as they kissed, bright smile on their faces.

"Fuck Bitches. We out whores!" Aiya shouted, parents covering their children's ears as they ran down the aisle. Laughter ringing throughout the venue.

My eyes trained on them before, from the corner of my eye, Ushijima's hand waited for mine. I smiled as my left hand clasped his right one. The metal of the ring cold against his skin.

"Can we go see her?" Ushijima asked as I bite into a chocolate covered strawberry, flushing it down with champagne.

"Let's go." I sat up and grabbed his hand, heading over to the main table.

I matched my squeal with Aiya's as we jumped and hugged each other, grabbing others attention.

"You're married!"

"I'm married!"

Aiya and I kept squealing to each other as Ushijima headed over to Yua who held her daughter in her hands. Cho was born just a mere month ago, her small hand grabbing onto Ushijima's pinky. An unknown smile to him playing on his face as he looked down to the small child. His heart melting as she cooed looking up at his face.

"You really like her. Don't you, Ushijima?" Yua asked, handing Ushijima her child. He nodded and cradled the baby. Her hand still tightly holding onto his finger, not letting go for the whole night.

"I've never looked at another girl like this before... Y/n was the only one."

Tendō had catered the wedding, his chocolates being the famous eatery of the night. And the wedding cake being his famous triple chocolate cake. Most of the guests were from high school, the volleyball team all gathered at their table meeting up after some years. And other guests being family and friends. It was quite a sight to see.

"Enjoying yourself?" Tendō came up to me, a plate of cake in hand.

"Very much. And you?" I asked, biting into my own piece.

"I've never been to a wedding before! So i'm very excited!" He beamed, the corner of his lips smudged with chocolate icing.

I laughed and watched as Ushijima stood in the middle of the dance floor, dancing with the baby in his hands. A small smile never leaving his lips. It was no wonder why he was a favourite amongst the kids. He was like a large teddy bear, the kids playing at his ankles.

"When are you guys gonna have one?" He asked making me choke on my cake. Patting my back as he laughed.

"Oh gosh! Tendō! You're crazy!" I coughed, a nervous laugh in my voice.

"I'm being serious! I'm sure he wants one, and soon. Especially with that rock on your finger." He pointed to my hand, where the ring had settled. The delicate diamond shaped into a crescent. Smaller diamonds crowing the larger one. I smiled down at it.

"Maybe soon." I glanced up at Tendō who held a large smile. I chuckled and looked back at Ushijima whose eyes were already on me. I waved at him and he grabbed Cho's hand, waving it back at me.

~~

Ushijima's POV

Cho nestled herself deeper within my arms, the soother stuck in her mouth as I watched her. My arms never getting rest as a content smile played on her resting chubby lips.

"Having fun?"

I looked up at the voice, watching as Aiya made her way over to me. Seating herself next to me on the bench. A glass of champagne in her hand as she sipped on it.

"Want some?" She asked, tipping her glass at me.

"Don't drink."

"Ah. Right. It seems to me like Cho likes you more than me. And I was the one who carried her in my belly out shot her out of my vagina." She shook her head, downing the rest of her glass. I pursed my lips and tried to ignore what she just said, a laugh escaping her at my expression.

"Was it painful?" I asked suddenly.

"Why are you asking?" She furrowed her brows, her painfully bright glitter eyeshadow more bright under the moonlight.

"In case it hurts for her. I don't want her to be in pain." I said looking down at Cho who tightened her grip, my finger going numb.

"Of course it is. But I like how you're thinking macho man." She nudged me gently.

"I've always wanted to be a father." I said. Thinking about how this was the first time i'd ever opened up to Y/n's best friend.

"Welp. I'm glad it's you. I know Y/n is thinking the same thing." She patted my shoulder as she stood up, reaching her hands out for her waking baby

"Just don't steal my baby while you're at it." She teased, her hands held delicately around her child.

"I'll make my own." I said truthfully making Aiya break out in laughter.

"Well, Ushijima, i'm glad you're her god-father. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else." She smiled and turned, walking past Y/n who was making her way outside.

She stopped to talk to Aiya, and kiss the baby's head. Her smile more brighter than the moon. I admired her, the way she walked over to me. My heart racing as she put a skip in her step, her heels held in one hand as her toes wiggled against the stone. She bent down a bit, her hand cupping my jaw as she lifted my lips to hers.

My beautiful everything.

"You ready to go home, Ushi?" She asked, holding out her hand.

"I'm ready to go home."

The End

thank you reading
this story means so much to me and i'm glad you've read it!
have a beautiful night:)