Memories- Pt. 3 : Muffling The Cries Of A Lost Being

-^-

J. B. Barnes-*

 Bucky stared at the glinting metal arm, like he had fallen into a trance

 The girl beside him, Tilly, who was on the floor and examining the room, jerked in surprise at the voice as well, and scrambled to press herself against the metal doors, making it creak with force.

 That man.... was him. It definitely was. But why wasn't this in his memory? Why did it feel like that part of his brain had been wiped clean?

 ".....Til-..........Experiment 062144."

 The kid whispered after a long period of silence.

 The man- Bucky's, eyes were warry, the blue eyes skimming the kid like he was looking for something. Some kind of danger, Bucky assumed. It was a habit that he had got during his stay with HYDRA. They made him doubt everything and anyone except his masters, and that very habit was still attached to his very bones. They had drilled it inside him, too deep to defeat.

 "Well,"

 Bucky- No, the Winter Soldier....wait, that wasn't right. Prisoner 56898. The prisoner shattered the glass like silence with his gravely voice, his metal arm shifting it's position to glint even brighter.

 "I was talking about your real name."

 Another round of silence consumed the dark room, as Bucky held his breath, watching the man- himself, and the girl interact.

 Two lost souls slowly connecting to each other, beginning to understand that they were both trapped to the same path.

 ".......Experiment 062144."

 Tilly whispered out, as she shuffled her feet on the ground once again, twiddling the hem of her blood stained tunic with grimy fingers.

 The prisoner sighed, and leaned forward on the bed, his elbows resting on his thighs. The kid pressed herself more tightly against the metal, trying to keep as much distance as she could.

 Bucky, biting his lip in hesitation, stared at the two with mild curiosity. The whole thing seemed...like a story to Bucky. Something that he had been involved in writing, but something that he had entirely forgotten. His past shining in a new light.

 The prisoner, after a few more moments of staring at the trembling girl, opened his mouth, to let out one word.

 ".......Zee."

 The girl, despite her fear, cocked her head in slight confusion, as the prisoner gave a dry smile.

 "062144. Zero. Zee. I'd rather not call you in numbers. I...didn't like it at first either."