Attempt

-^-

F. Meyer-*

1941. Nov. 7th

Black Forest

 Frank stared down the dusty hillside, his eyes narrow, looking for any sign of the swastika looming over the musty air

Frank stared down the dusty hillside, his eyes narrow, looking for any sign of the swastika looming over the musty air. No sound of military boots echoed against the ground, and no screams and shouts could be heard. For now, nothing but peaceful hoots of birds rang out in the early morning sky.

Frank sighed, as he slid down to sit on the moisty grass that he was standing on, as he bowed his head down, tired from the lack of sleep and cold from the whispering wind that sent chills down his spine.

His friend, Oskar, had warned him that the Nazis were probably coming to inspect the town today, and he had been worried all night to stay put in bed with his wife. He had tried so many things to escape the worries of being captured, but nothing helped his mind to calm. Staring at the face of his newborn child made him wonder if the Nazis would be savage enough to kill her. Cleaning the house still made his mind wander about, thoughts and memories skimming through his head.

So he decided to stand outside the house, concentrating on any sign of movement, sure that if 'they' were to come, he would be the first to see. He might be able to get all three of them out in time. But with Sarah's leg and the cries of Tilly, the chances of getting out alive and whole was devastatingly low.

But he had to. Somehow, they had to make it. The Nazis weren't going to last forever, he was sure of that. Maybe, just maybe....his daughter would be able to laugh in a world of freedom.

As the sun began to finally shine it's rays, Franz hoped for the impossible.

-^-

S. Wilson-*

The girl was faster than a normal ordinary girl her age, obviously from the experiments and liquids that she was injected with, but still, Sam was surprised when he felt a gust of wind gushing in sudden waves, the only evidence that Mathilda had run past his side.

As Sam turned around still dumbfounded from her speed, he could vaguely notice the girl snatching something off from a desk in the far side of the room, and pointing it at the side of her head. And then, for some, weird, reason, his surroundings went eerily quiet.