Cycle

-^-

M. Meyer-*

 Meyer-*

 2014.....2014....?

 HONK.

 Mathilda jumped at the sudden sound, startled. A large thing, that she had just realized to be a absurd looking car was racing down the paved road, a gust of wind skimming the black hard roads. 

 The girl stared at the world she had stepped into in a new light.

 Her hazy sight showed her people in stylish and unique clothes walking hurriedly down the streets, and a few bystanders giving Mathilda curious glances that she ignored. A few dozen buildings, as high as mountains soared into the sky a few miles away, as multiple cars, that looked so much like the one she had seen earlier, swooshed around. Lights, as bright and artificial looking as the ones she had seen all these years during missions, were blinking here and there.

 She had thought that the world had advanced in the last five years, in an unbelievably short time. But she was wrong. Technology wasn't the one that had its way. It was Mathilda who jumped the years, decades away from where she had been. Decades away from her time.

 She was robbed of her freedom, her home, her family, her friend, her innocence. She thought that those were enough. But now, she just figured out something that HYDRA had taken away from her years ago, something she hadn't even dreamed of at the time. 

 She had nothing to begin with. And she still hadn't gained a thing. But still, staring back at the date of the newspapers stacked in the stand, a sense of futility draped her mind.

 She finally got her wish. She would be able to make her own decisions, not controlled by Pierce's fingers. Yet now, she had absolutely no idea what to do.

 She was helpless.

 Her eyes watering from the despair that had begun to cling onto her soul, the girl turned on her heels.

 "Just three years...."

 She murmured to herself.

 Three years, and she will be gone. And everything, everything will be back to normal.