Plan

OC: Mathilda Meyer

-^-

J.B. Barnes

 James Buchannan Barnes was taking a seat on his bed, next to a sunny window. Gold flecks glinted off his metal arm, and he couldn't help but be mesmerized at the sight.

 He was enjoying a nap, just until the part where a nightmare burst up from his head.

 A nightmare, a memory.

 An image of a black haired girl flashed in his mind as she was secured to a chair and injected with a dozen colorful liquids. The girl was so small, so weak, that she couldn't do anything but whimper.

 Just as the last injection was completed, the girl found Bucky in the corner of the room. Her face was a blur, but the voice rang out, high and frightened.

 "James! Help!"

 Her British accent had a slight tongue of German in it that Bucky's instincts so wistfully wanted to protect.

 Bucky sighed, closing his eyes. He just couldn't get the pitiful sight out of his mind. He knew her. But How? He felt protective all of a sudden. Why? 

 What was that girl to him? What was he to her?

Bucky stood up from the bed, and slowly made his way towards a small wooden table, one of the only three furniture in his room. 

 On it, was something that Bucky kept with him for who knows how long.

 (I made it myself a few months ago. I had a lot of free time back then, and there were a few scraps around)

 It was a small delicate green plastic circlet with a red threaded star. Bucky stared intently at it, trying to remember. To remember, anything, that was related to the small ornament, but nothing came to his mind.

 Sighing, he leaned on the table, and stared out the window, admiring the view and appreciating his freedom from Hydra, when he heard loud stomps, and the door burst open.

 Bucky turned, to find a very disgruntled Sam Wilson, his arms crossed, and a scowl on his face.

 "Fury wants the Avengers to assemble." He said, cocking an eyebrow. "And they wanted to send me," He pointed at himself, "To get you." He then pointed at Bucky, as Bucky rolled his eyes.

 "Fine, I'm coming..." Bucky looked back one more time at the make shift pendant, then walked out of his room, closing the door behind him.

-^-

 "You're here," greeted Steve, as Sam and Bucky entered the conference room. The Avengers had all assembled, and they all gave their greetings too.