Chapter 1

Year, 2007

A man with dark skin and a eyepatch over his left eye was wearing a plain T-shirt and light blue boxers was sitting outside a house near the pool on a chair. He had a beer in his hand and a peaceful expression on his face. He was enjoying his well earned sunday after about a month of tiring work. As he took a sip from the bottle with a small smile on his face, he heard a sudden woosh. He let go his bottle with a scowl on his face grabbing his gun immediately on guard.

He suddenly turned around to find a odd sight. Three young ladies, who oddly looked like triplets were looking at him with a blank expression on his face. There was a boy with them. He was about 12 or 13 years old. He had blond hair with light and dull green eyes, which looked lifeless. He was well built for a boy his age.

He poined his gun towards the three ladies and asked, "Who the hell are you?"

The ladies looked like they wanted to roll their eyes but they kept their face stoic. Instead they replied in sync, "We are the Fates!"

The man replied without thinking and later wincing at his own statement, "And I am Hitler!"

Instead of further arguing, the three ladies simply glowed their eyes and showed the man a vision of his past, present and future. He saw himself as a child, as an adult, an old man and finally on his deathbed taking his last breath. As his vision returned to the present, his breath hitched and he lowered his gun.

He believed them and asked respectfully, "What can I do for you, ladies?"

They smiled and gestured towards the boy, "We want  you to adopt this boy and raise him to be like you!"

He frowned in confusion, "Who is he? What about his parents?"

They replied continuing and completing each other's sentences, "His name is Perseus Achilles Jackson. He is the greatest demigod Greek pantheon has to offer and sadly also the last."

He was more confused as he asked, "Why can't his godly parent raise him?"

They reply, "He is the last demigod of our pantheon. He has seen horrors and fought battles not even most of the gods have. He wants to live his life as normal as he can without any mythological interference."

He reluctantly agrees upon hearing the part 'not even most of the gods have'. But he still asks, "He is a child. Barely 12 or 13 years old."

They reply, "We have reverted his age back to 12. He will age normally from this day on."

The man curiously asks, "Who is his godly parent? Has he inherited any powers from them?"

They said , "We can't tell you his heritage. But he can tell you if he wants to in the future. Yes, he has inherited powers and gifts from gods. But they will not show up until he is 19 or 20 years old."

The man nods and asks, "Why me?"

They raised their eyebrows in sync which looked freaky and answers, "You always wanted a child, did you not?"

The man looked surprised but nod. He then asks, "Anything I should know, ladies?"

The ladies snapped their fingers and a bag appeared on table. They said, "This bag contains all the necessary documents for the survival of Perseus in mortal world. Also, before we leave the boy with you,  we would like you to swear on the river styx to never reveal any information about Perseus or our world to any person living or dead in any form of communication."

The man raised his eyebrows but swears the terms in exact same words.

He then asks, "What does it mean?"

They replied, "If you break this oath, you will immediately die and your soul will be forever bound to the river Styx."

The man's eyed widened in fear while the boy cracked a smile at the expression on the man's face.

The man starts to say but stops at the one look from the ladies, "Motherfu..."

The Fates said their goodbyes to the boy and disappears with a flash of light.

The man turned to the boy with a small smile on his face and says, "Hello! My name is Nick Fury."

The boy replies with a blank expression, "My name is  Perseus."

                           **************

[A/N: Vote or Comment. Any questions or suggestions are welcome.]